TireBuyer.com VS Tirerack - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Go Back   Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums > Honda CR-Z: Technical > Wheels and Tires Discussion

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default TireBuyer.com VS Tirerack

I've used Tirerack once before with great results. I came across Tirebuyer.com. They offer free shipping on all their tires. I know they offer less of a selection, but tax free is enough for me to ditch Tirerack completely. Tirebuyer seems to have better prices as well, so I'm unsure where they're picking up the shipping costs.
Viet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

I've had great results with Tirerack as well, minus the 2+ hour wait (even when I scheduled appointments) at the South Bend location. But if Tirebuyer is cheaper for the same product, I'd go that route.
_JB_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

I don't understand why Tirerack can't do free shipping like some of these other online resellers do. Performanceplustire.com is another site that does free shipping. They sell odd china brand as well as well known brand likes Toyo,Yokohama and Nitto tires.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Garage

I can say from dozens of years of purchase experience that Tire Rack is a fine company that has done more for improving the selection and information about tire performance the enthusiast than anyone. I support them. In CRZ sizes tie rack has better price and their shipping charges here to Hawaii were nearly $200 less an tirebuyer-com.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

You get what you pay for, TireRack is top notch. Never have been a dissatisfied customer with them, and also visit their website at least every week to pour through the wealth of info they offer on their products.

That alone makes up for me paying to ship, not to mention their awesome and knowledgable staff. I only go elsewhere for tires if they dont carry what Im looking for, which has only happened once.
2011 CR-Z EX, 6MT, CBP, #7960
sohcsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohcsol View Post
You get what you pay for, TireRack is top notch. Never have been a dissatisfied customer with them, and also visit their website at least every week to pour through the wealth of info they offer on their products.

That alone makes up for me paying to ship, not to mention their awesome and knowledgable staff. I only go elsewhere for tires if they dont carry what Im looking for, which has only happened once.
Why do you mean you get what you pay for? Why spend more $$ for Kumho or Hankook on Tirerack when they can be had for cheaper along with free shipping.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
tND

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet View Post
Why do you mean you get what you pay for? Why spend more $$ for Kumho or Hankook on Tirerack when they can be had for cheaper along with free shipping.
Just because they have the same products doesnt mean they have the same quality. Ive spent alot of money on toys and i can tell you that if you buy cheap you get cheap, ALWAYS.
tND is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

We definitely do our best to be as competitive price wise as possible with other retailers. This doesn't always equate to having the cheapest price available, but we do try to offer our customers the best prices we can. Instead of offering free shipping (which we all know really isn’t free when it’s somehow factored into the tire price anyway), we show your shipping costs to you so you can pay a more accurate charge based on shipping distance and order weight instead of a less than accurate average built into the product’s price. And, of course, we continually work very closely with the shipping companies and product manufacturers to ensure we can offer you the lowest prices from the start.

While price is definitely an important consideration when making a purchase, we offer a few other things set us apart. Value (combination of price and quality, leaving our customers feeling like they made a good purchasing decision after-the-fact). Confidence (doing our best so that our customers have confidence they were well taken care of during the purchasing process and confidence they will be taken care of in the future). Most importantly Trust (our testing, research, and training allow us to pass on our experiences with our customers).

I realize your intentions aren't to start an argument here, but rather a discussion. I definitely appreciate your comments and feedback, and hope Tire Rack can be of assistance to you in the future.

Chase@TireRack.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet View Post
Service, quality, and peace of mind are more valuable than anything. You learn that with the more bad experiences you have.
2011 CR-Z EX, 6MT, CBP, #7960
sohcsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Capt'n Jack

Garage

Just a thought - I imagine some of these Cheaper tire dealers sometimes just buy overstock and stuff that has been sitting on the shelf for a couple years. This is debatable, but some argue that tires do have a shelf life before the rubber starts to deteriorate. In and around 5-6 years I believe sitting on the shelf depending on the storage environmentals. So if someone bought a set of tires sitting on the shelf for 3 years, you potentially only have 2 years or so of life in them before it starts getting dangerous.

Click on the Capt'n Jack's Place signature link for a video. WARNING .. Rated PG-NSFW..
CVT Fully Loaded EX//NAVI//Eibach Pro Springs//H&R
20mm Rear Spacers//
Honda 17" OEM//
P2R
Down Pipe//K&N Typhoon SRI//32 Diamond Quartz Tint//Clazzio Black-Red Insert & Stitching//
iJDMToy interal&External LEDs//T1R Side Mirrors//Remus USDM Catback Center Exhaust//
Scotty001 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.