Difficult 1st gear mystery solved? - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacitblue View Post
I don't think it's anything broken (or in the process of breaking). This is an old, seemingly common issue that has been kicked around here before: have trouble putting in gear 6MT

Just thought I might have some new insight on the old topic. maybe i should have resuscitated the old thread.
I try to remind people that warranties cover many things and sometimes it is worth asking the question. Sometimes they will do repairs or changes as a one time customer Loyalty issue. Forgive me for asking a dumb question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
I try to remind people that warranties cover many things and sometimes it is worth asking the question. Sometimes they will do repairs or changes as a one time customer Loyalty issue. Forgive me for asking a dumb question.
You make a good point, and i don't see anything remotely dumb in your post. I on the other hand won't let any dealership mechanic anywhere near my car but as a last resort. I'm even going to try to convince them to hand me my replacement airbag and let me do the install myself. No one touches my car but me if I can help it, so casual warranty inquiries are definitely out, lest it give them access to take something apart. That's arguably pretty dumb I imagine. But other than my local guy that works on my jeep, I won't trust anyone but me wrenching on one of my 'veehickels.
litz and Defiant like this.

2012 6MT HPD Supercharged
My build thread: HPD CR-Z 002
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:20 AM

I only have issues trying to put it in 1st to park it, with the engine off. Push the clutch and it slides right in.

Usually it shifts like butter.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:09 PM

I've had the same issue, occasionally since purchase (brand new 2014 6MT). At first I thought it was me getting used to a different kind of car. My old 350Z (which I had for 10 years!) really liked to be thrown through the gears.

Now I think it may be related to a similar problem we had in the 350Z world. Forgive my ignorance as to the part's exact name, but there is a little shifter plate inside the shift boot, that acts as a frame -- guiding the maximum range your shifter can go in any direction. Sometimes these would be put in too far to the left from the factory, or bump left over time, causing the shifter to "wander" too far left and cause binding or missing the gate. So I may check this out when the issue becomes more common. I'm in your boat as to allowing Honda service to do casual repairs. It really seems to cause more headaches than it solves!
litz likes this.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 07:11 AM

Garage
I experienced the same thing in my '14 on occasion (from new to when I sold it at 24k miles). It wasn't a huge deal but like Chimaera said, particularly annoying at a stop lights. If I recall, you could get it to go into 1st by easing the clutch past the half way mark or just take it out of gear and do over. I haven't noticed this in my '15 but only have a couple hundred miles on it. Still love this gear box.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode