Recall: 2011 Honda CR-Z, 6 speed manual - Page 21 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 204 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Elite Member

I doubt that's possible.. The mechanic said it was not.
I think Honda is BSing all of us, and their "safety" recall is actually them changing the IMA so their batteries last longer, so they have less money to spend on replacement batteries down the road...
I understand their position on that, but to lie about it, or just not say anything about the fact they're going to change the IMA system is BS BS BS!

But.... I think I fixed it!!!! I married my flashpro to my ecu and did some initial saving and loading of my ECU a couple of months ago. Well, last night I hooked up the flashpro and clicked the "return to stock" button. It uploaded my saved car rom from Dec and........... IMA seems to be acting normally!! Blips of throttle instantly show assist, one bar charge kept on going after the 7th charge bar was lit!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 204 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I've noticed zero change since applying the update, which is consistent with most people.

Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake!
post #203 of 204 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Elite Member

I don't know.. Maybe the dealer messed something up.. The last line item on the receipt was "applied IMA program update" or something like that (whatever I posted a page back)
Maybe that's come out since the original recall issue.. or maybe the mechanic was just uploading every random thing he could.. cr-v, sure, civic hybrid update, sure ..
Who knows, but my car was definitely different. Small.. but there.
I really drive by my battery meter.. like, I never glance at my MPG meter, but always try to keep my battery full. It definitely changed from charging automatically (1 bar charge) to 7 bars, to stopping at 6. And the slight delay before engaging IMA when accelerating.
I got a very early model car, too.. One of the first couple thousand. maybe something is different from then to later models? Push in the clutch and blip the throttle.. Just a quick tap.. does the IMA immediately assist? That's what my car did. after the update it just revs w/ no IMA. If I hold it in for a second (probably less than a complete second, but a delay) then it starts showing IMA assist. That makes more sense in most circumstances.. but isn't what my car did before.

post #204 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 10:52 AM

This is the first I've heard of this. Going to call dealer today

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode