Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Odd CVT revving.

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tra-CRZ-y 
#1 ·
So I've noticed a few times that when in eco mode and I floor it the transmission will redline and feel like its in neutral. Today it happened coming out of a hairpin and I floored it to get ahead of traffic and it did it. I upshifted but it didn't help too much. I got off the gas and it went back to normal. Anybody else experiencing this?

#7 ·
I think you have answered your own question!
Flooring it in ECO mode!
I agree, no "flooring" should be done in this mode. Personally I just stay in normal or sport on occasion. Going off subject a little but I'm using synthetic oil and 93 grade gasoline and my Z sounds like a stock beast at high rpm(sounds like a different car from my test drive) not to mention really smooth gear transitions. You can change modes on the fly at any speed so next time you want to punch it quickly switch into sport mode and let this car show you what it's made of. I would be worried about your Eco mode being able to red line though, as it seems unnatural it's not switching to a higher gear even under hard acceleration. What about the condition of your fluid.

#9 ·
Had to floor it a few times getting on the freeway (nobody lets a hybrid in front of them, I guess) and I am trying out Eco the past three tankfulls. I haven't had any problems that I noticed, but it does seem to redline quickly. Maybe I need to press my hyperspace button, I mean my S+ and see what happens! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.