HPD Supercharged CRZ in SoCal? - Page 3 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 10:35 PM

Garage
Calling attention of already HPD supercharged CRZ's

sorry for letting this thread die out without an update for almost 5 months.
so here it is. lol

i am currently working with Diamond Honda to get my 2015 crz supercharged. they are just working out some details with HPD, because of all the aforementioned confirmations/CARB certifications etc.
everything seemed to be going fine, but one question HPD keeps nagging is which kit I have in my hands.

thats where I need some community help. I have gone through every single box, unwrapped every part and looked for any identifiers. im just coming up with random part and serial numbers, but nothing that says im #xx out of xx kits. to my understanding HPD didnt send you a placard with your kit number until they send you back your reflashed ECU.

so anyone with a 2014 or older z who has installed the HPD supercharger remember seeing anything that identified your specific kit?

anything will help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 12:12 AM

Garage
Are they looking for a serial number or a part number?

I'll dig through my box and see if I can find anything, but don't recall seeing anything other than a honda part number.

Edit: On the outside of the main box are 2 labels, one red and one yellow with a 5-4-3 digit alphanumeric code on it that looks to be a kit serial number. May be what they need.

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 04:39 AM

Garage
thanks man, i appreciate you looking

if either of those are is, im outta luck, cuz my dad needed a big box to pack stuff up and send outta the country, and guess what came in a really big box.

im gonna probably try to call the dealership i bought the kit at and see if they have a record of it [i'm apparently the only person to ever inquire about it at that particular location]
they should have some sort of shipment log i'd hope

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiddleWocket View Post
sorry for letting this thread die out without an update for almost 5 months.
so here it is. lol

i am currently working with Diamond Honda to get my 2015 crz supercharged. they are just working out some details with HPD, because of all the aforementioned confirmations/CARB certifications etc.
everything seemed to be going fine, but one question HPD keeps nagging is which kit I have in my hands.

thats where I need some community help. I have gone through every single box, unwrapped every part and looked for any identifiers. im just coming up with random part and serial numbers, but nothing that says im #xx out of xx kits. to my understanding HPD didnt send you a placard with your kit number until they send you back your reflashed ECU.

so anyone with a 2014 or older z who has installed the HPD supercharger remember seeing anything that identified your specific kit?

anything will help.
I am really curious how this works out for you, particularly on HPD's support and the impact to the factory warranty. HPD has recently indicated to me via email that they don't have a 2015 compatible option. Very bummed at the moment since I have been intending to get the CR-Z HPDed up before taking delivery last year.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 02:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggyjoe View Post
I am really curious how this works out for you, particularly on HPD's support and the impact to the factory warranty. HPD has recently indicated to me via email that they don't have a 2015 compatible option. Very bummed at the moment since I have been intending to get the CR-Z HPDed up before taking delivery last year.
i know it frustrating. originally i tried sourcing a new 2014 last year, but no dealerships in my area had one to my specs, so i got my 2015. legally HPD can install it onto a 2015 and be CARB legal, i've done research which i'm slowly compiling into a write up.

but ive put together that its a problem with having a special label/stamp for it, whether the boys at HPD HQ are willing to reflash our ECU's, and that American Honda hasn't officially said "hey the supercharger is good for the 2015 too" so dealerships are in the dark.

i'll try to keep you all posted

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
hey hey! i was locked out of the forum but I am back!
yup you do not get your hpd number until they reflash the ecu. they can do it but somebody somewhere along the line is incompetent. another problem with the hpd kit is that whomever was in charge if the project was not very good with budget. rumor has it they paid sone ridiculous amount on R&D and cheaped out on other parts elsewhere. for example, the airbox cost honda like a quarter mil to develop. this is all hearsay and id rather not identify my source so take it for what you will. I also heard that because of mismanagement of the hpd crz project somebody got scrapped and sent to another department in another state? not sure how true this all is but i think thats why weve got stuff like this going on. same.thing for the mythical hpd clutch i would imagine. anywho, honda should definitely be able to reflash the ecu they just dont know it. Id try to get a hold of vinnie from hpd directly. he was the most helpful in the process for me. second option is ktuner. it will work. Bisimoto isnt the cheapest but hes professional and helped me out. other places i called were like, "mmm we cant tune with that," or "mm were not too familiar with that platform but we can do it. it will just cost more since it will take us awhile to figure out," or the more polite, "have you tried so and so," and then when you look up said so and so find out theyre at least 2 counties away. so yeah ktuner is another option and there are tuners out there esp. in socal that can help.

3rd, and I would encourage this option if you can do it, (unless youre worried about the whole warranty thing but then again what good is a warranty if its sitting in a box) is to return the hpd kit to honda (assuming you purchased from honda), get your money back. Purchase option B (jackson racing) and Ktuner. get tuned. and you will have some money left over to do with what you like.

...aaaaand go! good luck!
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
oh i didnt even think of it but i could actually get you one of my tunes if you had ktuner. be it the original hpd tune or the bisimoto one. just perhaps some sort of donation for my time and effort since i did spend a pretty penny on the tune. once you have one of those you could reflash yourself. i suppose the problem is you were going to have honda install? that might limit you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode