HPD Supercharged CRZ in SoCal? - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 07:26 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5chris View Post
Any updates? I purchased my new CRZ from Diamond Honda and was looking into having them install the SC and a limited slip. Any updates .
HPD has not done an ECU tune for the 2016 model. Does not look like they will. I would recommend looking into Jackson Racing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Does anybody in SoCal have a factory supercharger installed? I'm playing with the idea, I want an honest opinion/ feedback from an owner and maybe see the car in person during a meet. Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i bought the SC for my 2016 and HPD will not flash the computer only 2011-14, its a paper weight for the mean time. i did buy everything else HPD though.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20z3allmotor View Post
i bought the SC for my 2016 and HPD will not flash the computer only 2011-14, its a paper weight for the mean time. i did buy everything else HPD though.

That's not cool!! I bought the 6MT for the supercharger option. Let's wait and see...looks like it's gonna be a long wait though now that the CRZ is discontinued.

2016 CRZ EX; 2015 BMW M4 ;2014 Audi SQ5 ;
2012 Harley Davidson VROD Muscle ; 2002 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 ;1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
That's not cool!! I bought the 6MT for the supercharger option. Let's wait and see...looks like it's gonna be a long wait though now that the CRZ is discontinued.

we can wait for hondata i guess. also you need to get the exhaust which takes some time to install on a 2016 or buy a old bumper with the HPD diffuser
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20z3allmotor View Post
They should not have sold it to you if they knew you had a 2016.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 09:03 PM

They don't care. I already had a feeling bought it anyway. If nothing comes alone to tune it then I'll sell the kit later
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 06:16 AM

Don't wait on Hondata. I doubt it will happen. The 2015 models aren't confirmed yet even though it's the same as 13-14. I've contacted HPD numerous times.

Your best bet for a tuning solution is K-Tuner. kaytwozero had his HPD tuned via K-Tuner and was able to extract a lot more power than than the HPD reflash.

There's a member named Ken somewhere on this forum that is working on unlocking the 2016 ECU for 2016 models. It's only a matter of time before it's unlocked.

2015 Honda CR-Z EX w/NAV 6MT
Spoon Sports | 無限 MUGEN | FEELíS | Voltex Racing
Instagram: @touge_z or follow the hashtag: #ProjectTougeZ
>>>Touge Z Official Build Thread<<<
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Z View Post
Don't wait on Hondata. I doubt it will happen. The 2015 models aren't confirmed yet even though it's the same as 13-14. I've contacted HPD numerous times.

Your best bet for a tuning solution is K-Tuner. kaytwozero had his HPD tuned via K-Tuner and was able to extract a lot more power than than the HPD reflash.

There's a member named Ken somewhere on this forum that is working on unlocking the 2016 ECU for 2016 models. It's only a matter of time before it's unlocked.

we have used k tuner on other platforms and has not been very good.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 02:08 PM

how much is the HPD sc cost by chance?

2011 CR-Z ZF1 6MT EX Pearl White
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 04:08 PM

It's in the realm of $4.5k . Give or take 2-300. Google "College Hills Honda" and check their site for HPD accessory prices.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode