Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Parking away from others

44K views 235 replies 79 participants last post by  colnago 
#1 ·
so I know alot of you guys do this, you like to park near the islands in parking lots so that your car is at least safe on 1 side...

Well I park so close to the Wall at work that i'm too far from the line to get dinged on the other side.

Share pics of your crazy parkings/spots.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep...I park away from others. If you notice, when you go to a mall or something, there is always a group of nice cars far off in the distance...that would be the area I park. It is like a car meet, but nobody is out by their cars :). At home, I park on the street, away from all the houses, and the only cars that ever park around me are a neighbors 2013 lexus GS350 or someone's bmw 5 series. I guess they have the same idea.

Recently, me and my GF met up with a friend from high school who I haven't seen in years. He lives in an apartment, with a public lot. I had to park in between two cars :nervous:....one with kids stickers in the in the back passenger window, and the other was some beater...I was having a mini panic attack. Then we decided to go out...he said just leave my car their and we could all go in his. LEAVE MY CAR THERE....NO WAY!!!!!

#9 ·
Recently, me and my GF met up with a friend from high school who I haven't seen in years. He lives in an apartment, with a public lot. I had to park in between two cars :nervous:....one with kids stickers in the in the back passenger window, and the other was some beater...I was having a mini panic attack. Then we decided to go out...he said just leave my car their and we could all go in his. LEAVE MY CAR THERE....NO WAY!!!!!
I hate parking next to people!!! I would be panicking, too. Whenever a situation like that happens to me I end up walking outside to check on it several times or watch it from the window.. In several cases if I see a parking spot in a corner or something I will go out and move xD

I am dentless and plan to keep it that way for as long as I can!!

#8 ·
I like to find open area's of the car park so there is less likelyhood of someone parking next to you. I also park on the passenger side of another car if I can. I've had people moan at me for parking to close to their passenger side door, they were a bit baffled when I said "it's the passenger side, if I parked further that way I'd be to close to their drivers side door, at least you can pull out the space to let any passenger in" as if they didn't think there might actually be a reason for it...

My step dad always parks next to the nicest car he can find in the theory that they are not going to hit your car.

#17 ·
My GF understands my compulsion...most of the time, she doesn't mind the walk. If it is pouring down or insanely hot, I drop her off (being the gentleman I am :p...I even open her door) and than park.

When I have a male passenger (the fiance), I drop him off at the door of where ever we are going. Otherwise he makes a big fuss of me parking far away and shames me for caring too much about my car :cry: I really hate driving with him lol
Wow....My gf says there is no problem with me trying to keep my car nice, by parking far away or cleaning it all the time...she even helps me clean my car (interior), and points out cleaning stuff at the store and ask would this be good. She told me, it is a brand new car...I better care too much about it.

#19 ·
Ummm, I dont think I'd try that. He probably wouldn't talk to me for a while heh

I just really dont trust other drivers... Even when I'm parked out in the boondocks, some meanie could key my car or something. Or some drunk could drive into it. I'm so glad I don't live in the city though, and I haven't had to use a parking garage yet.

#28 ·
Went to Chili's for lunch :headbang:
Do you always take two spaces, or was this just for the picture? I have seen it many times. People will get pissed and squeeze next to you and in the process, you doors will get dented and nicked. I have also seen people walk by cars that do that, and key them.
I would just park close to the mulched side...those spots look huge, so you wouldnt have to worry about somebody squeezing next to you.
Just some advice...

#35 ·
When I was younger, we had a dearth of parking spots at the apartment complex where I lived, yet one guy always took two to park his corvette convertible. Then, one day, with a VW bug and a Datsun 210, I proved that you could fit THREE cars into those two spots. Of course, he couldn't open any doors.....

Be careful when you pull all the way over to one side, that leaves a wonderful motorcycle parking spot.

#38 ·
Went to the lake for dinner, was worried I wouldn't find a good place to park. Luckily found an open parallel parking space, whew! It was more than big enough for the crz. The cars in front and behind me had not changed when I got back.

If I didn't find anything else, I spotted a space between a mustang and corvette. Figured they would want to be mindful of their door edges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.