Forum Cyber Security News-n-Stuff - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
ya it's similar of a Risk to the http://Bit.ly/**** type addresses you can find in Tweets which is just ANY URL turned into a short one but you don't know what the original one is.

you end up getting Rick Roll'd or worse

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludercrz View Post
you mean like turning Chat Roulette into Pen!ses-R-Us?

lol.

post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 08:30 AM
CR-Z Forum Librarian

DNS Name Changer Checking.

DNSChanger Malware Checker - Détecteur de maliciel DNSChanger
Or
DCWG | DNS Changer Working Group

This site is supposed to verify that you are not at risk from the DNS-Changer malware.
I'd normally not click, or advocate clicking on this sort of thing. But these are legit.

Eco Stig
SOME SAY, that when he gets into his car, he plugs the IMA cable into his left ear … but no one can tell who is charging whom!

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Capt'n Jack

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR-Z Canadian View Post
DNS Name Changer Checking.

DNSChanger Malware Checker - Détecteur de maliciel DNSChanger
Or
DCWG | DNS Changer Working Group

This site is supposed to verify that you are not at risk from the DNS-Changer malware.
I'd normally not click, or advocate clicking on this sort of thing. But these are legit.
True - legit sites to check your computer.. Actually they are not checking your PC, just checking what DNS server you are using.

Click on the Capt'n Jack's Place signature link for a video. WARNING .. Rated PG-NSFW..
CVT Fully Loaded EX//NAVI//Eibach Pro Springs//H&R
20mm Rear Spacers//
Honda 17" OEM//
P2R
Down Pipe//K&N Typhoon SRI//32 Diamond Quartz Tint//Clazzio Black-Red Insert & Stitching//
iJDMToy interal&External LEDs//T1R Side Mirrors//Remus USDM Catback Center Exhaust//
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 02:58 PM
BANNED

QR code for Crzforum's latest posts.

post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
^ i feel safe scanning that.... lol

I was gonna post that DNS thing yesterday but forgot. that and the "Operation High Roller" is pretty much all people are talking about here at work right now.

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to chaos
I've posted the DNS link on my Facebook, thanks!
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 05:45 PM
CR-Z Forum Librarian

[RANT:]
If you have summer students in your office, FIRE THEM NOW AND THROW OUT THEIR COMPUTERS when they are gone!

I've just spent the entire afternoon disinfecting a computer that is being used by a co-op student. I don't know what he was looking at (or, to be fair, if the problem started with him or his predecessors), but I didn't want to stick a CD into THAT slot! Just nasty. And yes, it had Symantec AV (nothing against that product, as it seems to have been disabled - not sure what came first though: the disabled AV, or the malware). But there must have been some warning. Speed, AV notices, Windows Defender warnings, …

I don't know, but I think the world will be in trouble, when that generation starts running it!

Meanwhile - be careful interacting with their computers.
[/RANT]

Eco Stig
SOME SAY, that when he gets into his car, he plugs the IMA cable into his left ear … but no one can tell who is charging whom!
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
^LOL. in our network monitoring department we have a client where EVERY day in the morning we detect Malware traffic leaving their network (malware trying to call home to advertise that it is online) and we keep reporting it to them for them to clean the computer and they do. it's ALWAYS from the same inner department... you'd think they'd discipline those people and the sites they visit...

But one time they called us back to say "Thaks for letting us know we identified the computer and it's being shipped to our main office to be re-imaged" then we say "No it's not... we're still seeing traffic happening from it right now", "But it's on a Truck on the way to our main office", "Highly unlikely, since it's still connected somewhere and communicating."

that made me laugh. turned out they took the wrong one. some random guy's computer was about to get re-imaged lol.

post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 01:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR-Z Canadian View Post
[RANT:]
If you have summer students in your office, FIRE THEM NOW AND THROW OUT THEIR COMPUTERS when they are gone!

I've just spent the entire afternoon disinfecting a computer that is being used by a co-op student. I don't know what he was looking at (or, to be fair, if the problem started with him or his predecessors), but I didn't want to stick a CD into THAT slot! Just nasty. And yes, it had Symantec AV (nothing against that product, as it seems to have been disabled - not sure what came first though: the disabled AV, or the malware). But there must have been some warning. Speed, AV notices, Windows Defender warnings, …

I don't know, but I think the world will be in trouble, when that generation starts running it!

Meanwhile - be careful interacting with their computers.
[/RANT]
Easy with all that about the young people . I'm the youngest in my office and I get stuck with cleaning up the computers of the people 10+ years older than me.

But yeah, it's amazing how badly some people can screw up a computer. Last one I did was covered in grease and managed to have 2 root kits, the FBI ransomware, and a handful of trojans/general malware.. Only took about 4 days to get it cleaned up. Needless to say the user of that machine is no longer with us even though it's not for reasons related to her computer..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode