Best Dealership in Nor Cal? - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Best Dealership in Nor Cal?

I'm in the market for a CR-Z, where did you all buy yours from? Which dealership is the best to work with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Elite Member

Garage
I've done service at a number of South Bay spots. At least for that South Bay honda has been a good spot for me. Again that's just from the service side.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 01:04 AM

Garage
Bay Area Dealers

I bought mine at Victory Honda in San Bruno, and it was a generally pleasant experience. At first they tried to sell me the car for sticker and offer too little for my trade, but quickly backed off and gave me a reasonable deal -- not spectacular (I'm not much of bare-knuckles negotiator), but perfectly decent. I had distinctly unpleasant experiences at 2 other dealers: San Francisco Honda and Honda of Oakland.

At the Oakland store, I had a very pleasant test drive and got along well with the saleswoman -- until she introduced me to her sales manager, who was a pushy jerk who tried to pressure me into buying then and there, which I had absolutely no intention of doing. It was so obnoxious that I stormed out and swore I'd never, ever give them a cent.

San Francisco Honda was a strictly email experience. Having shopped a bit, I emailed them to see if they might give me a better offer than other dealers. They didn't, but then kept emailing me again and again, even after I had told them I'd bought a car elsewhere. After 3 "please don't email me again, I've bought a car" notes, one of their clowns phoned my cell to try one more time -- at which point I was apparently unpleasant enough that they stopped contacting me after that.

On the other hand, I did take the car into SF Honda (much closer and more convenient than the others) for a repair after I had an unfortunate mishap that crunched my driver's side mirror when I'd had the car about 2 months. The service department, at least in that one experience, was entirely professional and pleasant to deal with, even after Honda parts screwed things up the first time.

"'To Serve Man' -- It's a cookbook!!!"

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 01:49 AM
Super Duper Member

I got mine at Marin.

2011 PWP CVT | PlastiDip Addict | DIY Mods | Engine 100% Stock |
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 04:08 PM

Winter Honda in Pitsburg.
Best service center and staff.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 09:08 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
If you want to traverse another bridge, I've been very satisfied so far with Lodi Honda. Elk Grove (I saw no elk, and no groves), where I bought mine used, not so much. Lodi got me through the facebomb debacle with a 3-mile '16 Civic as a loaner. I put five-thousand miles on it. Lodi has a good reputation for doing internet deals as well. They have 3 Zs in stock, all with CVT, one of them a '15.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode