Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

New member in North Carolina!

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  salcuta88 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

Purchased a 2011 CRZ-EX about 7 months ago and due to various life happenings have been delayed in joining this forum. I'm a car nut and have worked on vehicles since I was old enough to turn a wrench. Between me and my wife I have owned and worked on many different vehicles and I look forward to learning more about the Z and eventually doing some mild mods to it (nothing too crazy, just want it to be my own). Admittedly don't have as much free time as I would like to post on forums like I used to, but I will post as I do things to the car, run into interesting issues on it or if I can assist another forum member in any way.

As soon as I can get my Z cleaned up I will post a picture and add some more information. I look forward to my time spent on this forum and am excited to meet fellow CRZ enthusiasts!

Other vehicles I own:
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL (love it!!)
2006 Saturn ION
1997 Saturn SC2 (was my mothers car, now a project)
1997 Toyota Celica ST (Amazing car, love it to death. Also a project now)

Past vehicles:
1987 Ford Mustang notchback
1989 Honda Accord LX-i
2005 Subaru Baja turbo (the horror....)

I know it is probably pointless to put a list of vehicles like this in an introduction, but I find it sometimes sparks interesting conversations. Thanks everyone for your time!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!!!

There's quite a few members here from your area. I'm sure you're aware of The Dragon/Deals Gap, where every year for the last 4 years CRZ owners from all over the country drive there to meet up. Here's a link from last year, http://www.crzforum.com/forum/u-s/69690-4th-annual-cr-z-dragon-meet.html. It usually happens early August.

I see you have an RL. I'm planning to get one once my CRZ is paid off in December. I've been obsessing in getting one but finances hold me back. I'm still undecided if I want to go with G1 or G2. If I go for the G1, still contemplating if I want 2006-2008 or 2009-2014. So I've been lurking quite a bit at ROC.

Enjoy the forum!

#4 ·
I'm out in the mountains, around Boone. I was actually not aware of the Dragons gap run. Looked it up, it appears to be about 4 hours from where I live. Depending on how things line up I may have to attend this year! Finances may be a deal breaker (just bought my first house a few months ago, knee deep in projects). I'll tell you right now, the Ridgeline is awesome!!! Just did the 100,000 mile service on mine the end of last year, truck has never given me the first trouble. I pull a trailer with it regularly and do a lot of side jobs with it. Really the first to second gen argument comes down to your taste. If you want the more rugged "truck" look, go for the first gen. The second gen is a much more refined/classy looking vehicle in my opinion. Performance spec differences between the two models are almost negligible besides a slight bump in MPG's and HP. Dont get me wrong, there are other differences between the two models but they both offer the same basic pro's and con's. I would definitely say AWD model on the 2nd gen if you went that route. Lose half your towing capability with the 2wd model.

#8 ·
Sacramento -> LA -> concert -> Sacramento two times, so far. It'll come down to the specific meat-bag, but for me the Z was just fine. And it's not rare for me to go for a six-hour cruise up over Ebbetts Pass and back on 88. I do more miles than The Transporter. And the Z is very quiet on decent roads, and rides with just enough "sport" to it.

#9 ·
I have driven cross country in The Speed Bump( VA -> TX-> NY) and had no problem doing 8 + hours a day driving. It is comfortable and there are a few different positions with the seat and steering wheel that work for me so I can adjust it to stay comfortable.

2 more postings and you can Vote! :smile2:

We look forward to hearing more about your plans for your CR-Z:smile2:

#13 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome and insight into long trips with the crz. I'm sure before the year is out an opportunity will arise to test the seats. Haha! No one "borrows" the Z. Okay okay, so I did let a friend borrow it while I was working on his car a while back.. He brought it back with the phrase "sport mode is fun!" My poor poor car...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.