New to the CR-Z, but not to IMA... - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New to the CR-Z, but not to IMA...

Evening all

I've just acquired a white 2011 CR-Z Sport with 25k miles and leather seats - really delighted with it. I've also got a 2012 Insight EX that I've owned from new, and I wanted something with a bit more pep and fun (but the same kind of ultra-low running costs) to run alongside it, as Mrs Alfettaman is very often out in the Insight.

The grand plan is for the CR-Z to be my 'fun car', which might allow me to get rid of one or two of the others.

We'll see....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CR-Z1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	35730  
Spdbump likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Deputy Forum Librarian

Garage
Welcome to the forum!!!

We have a few members here that came from or still have an Insight.

Enjoy the forum!

For your FAQ's - ABC's for the CR-Z
supercrz's experience with the CR-Z
Add me on Facebook: TJ supercrz; Follow me on Instagram: supercrz
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:24 PM

Eeeek! A 2011 with 25k miles? Did you find it in a barn and is it still a numbers matching car?

2011 CR-Z EX 6MT CBP

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfettaman View Post
I've just acquired a white 2011 CR-Z Sport with 25k miles and leather seats - really delighted with it...
I do not know if there is a thread on the forum for "other" cars, but if not, could you "accidentally" post some photos of your Alfetta Saloon and Fiat Stilo Abarth.

Those cars are as rare as a CRZ around here

2016 Honda CRZ 6 speed (basically unmodded)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPICCIANI View Post
Eeeek! A 2011 with 25k miles? Did you find it in a barn and is it still a numbers matching car?
No, not in a barn. I managed to find one that's done 5k miles (fully documented) every year since new. it was in regular use until mid December 2016, so I'm not worried that the IMA has suffered by not being used.

All the paperwork and numbers check out just fine, and I have to say it looks and drives like a brand new car. Actually that's not true: with my reading glasses on I managed to find a tiny stone chip on the door, but I've touched that in now and I can't see where it was any more...
Spdbump likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Super Duper Member

Great find! I hope it has had its airbag replaced and the under hood 12 volt is not having any issues( load test if anything weird happens). Welcome!
Enter it in the COTM and once you have 5 postings you can vote
Alfettaman likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Great find. Welcome to our Forum.

I still think fondly of my '66 Duetto. It had the bubble covers on the headlights, rare and illegal in the US.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Great find! I hope it has had its airbag replaced and the under hood 12 volt is not having any issues( load test if anything weird happens). Welcome!
Enter it in the COTM and once you have 5 postings you can vote
Thanks Spdbump: I checked on the Honda UK recall page, and nothing showing as outstanding, so that's good.

I know how important a good 12V battery is for the Honda IMA to work well, and I've got a Bosch S4 in my Insight, which has been great. My CR-Z seems to have its original battery so I might treat it to a Bosch sometime soon. That said, I drove it 125 miles home from Epsom, and averaged 56.2mpg, so I don't think the 12V battery can be TOO bad...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Some of Alfettaman's cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abandoned Track View Post
I do not know if there is a thread on the forum for "other" cars, but if not, could you "accidentally" post some photos of your Alfetta Saloon and Fiat Stilo Abarth.

Those cars are as rare as a CRZ around here
Pictures of some of my other cars, as requested....
• The Alfetta is here
• And the Stilo Abarth here
• And also my Insight EX
Abandoned Track likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfettaman View Post
Thanks Spdbump: I know how important a good 12V battery is for the Honda IMA to work well, and I've got a Bosch S4 in my Insight, which has been great. The CR-Z seems to have its original battery so I might treat it to a Bosch sometime soon. That said, I drove it 125 miles home from Epsom, and averaged 56.2mpg, so I don't think the 12V battery can be TOO bad...
My attitude is run them till they die when it comes to 12 Volt batteries but a load test will give you an idea what its status is. If it has an Eye it is the original. I have a Honda replacement battery which is eyeless. What about your Airbag ( or face bomb as Defiant would put it)? Have fun with it and let us know what other presents you will be giving it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode