Crz rental - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Go Back   Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums > Honda CR-Z: Main > New Member Introduction

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Crz rental

Hi all, new to the forums. Have loved the look of the z since it came out but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've test driven a couple but that was only for a few kilometers each. Does anyone know if there is anywhere that you can rent one for a couple of hours or a day to really get a good feel for the car? Live near Toronto, On. Thanks
Crzhopeful is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

Most of the time if you show real interest to the dealer they'll let you keep one for an overnight test drive. Before I bought mine I kept it for an entire weekend and they even paid for my gas.
CMHennigan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
CR-Z Forum Librarian

Actually, that's a pretty good idea CMHennigan has - the car has not been flying off store shelves, so if they have one or two on the lot (especially if you find a dealership that had one as a salesperson-driven one), you might just be able to convince them to do a longer test. But, unless you are new to purchasing a car, you surely realize that there isn't much that you will glean from four or five hours with the vehicle, that you cannot find out in 20 minutes. Yes, the first time is a bit overwhelming with all the buttons and displays, but if you take a few out from different dealerships, you will have a good idea of how the car will work for you.

Meanwhile, welcome to the forum, and if you have any questions that you cannot find the answers to, just ask. But do us all a favour and search first (some of us get a bit testy when new threads keep asking the same questions), or post them on this thread and we'll help you find the answers!

I'm from near London, ON, BTW. Hoping to set up a CR-Z meet this spring. Keep an eye on the Canada Regionals pages for updates! You are welcome, even if you haven't made a decision yet.

Edited to add: just realized, I didn't answer your original question about rentals. I haven't seen or heard anyone mention the car being available in a rental fleet. But it is a bit of a niche car, and it probably wouldn't be in service enough to make money. I don't know if any of the larger rental agencies rent Honda's here, come to think of it. Mainly Detroit brands.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to go to a meet and speak to actual owners. Because its such a niche car I've never met an owner in person to ask their opinion. My main concerns are the blind spots and ingress/egress. The seats are low and the doors are quite long and with my bum hip getting in and out in tight spots can be challenging.
Crzhopeful is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
CR-Z Forum Librarian

Yes, valid concerns. But ones that you should be able to address in a short test (go when you are in pain?). Not messing with you - I have a bad back, and wondered if the car would be a problem for the reasons you mention. I'm happy to report it isn't for me, but your mileage may vary.

I've only met one other owner in two years, when he purchased a part from me. But hoping we can get a meeting together this spring in the west end of the GTA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.