Tony Stewart, track accident - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Tony Stewart, track accident

Hey Dudes and Dudettes, I have always preached TAKE IT TO THE TRACK! Well this time I'm not so sure. What are your opinions? Tony Stewart hits, kills Sprint Car driver Anthony Ward Jr after altercation [w/video] - Autoblog

I-VTEC SOHC+ IMA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazdawg35 View Post
I have always preached TAKE IT TO THE TRACK! Well this time I'm not so sure. What are your opinions?
It doesn't matter whether its on public roads or a track, or how much safety equipment is built into a car, there's always a risk someone can get seriously hurt. Just ask Dale Earnhardt, Dan Wheldon, countless other drivers, and now this kid. Thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I watched the video (the graphic one unfortunately), and I think it was a pretty boneheaded decision on the kid's part to walk out onto the track while the cars are still driving around. I know Tony can be a hothead, but I'm pretty sure he's not going to intentionally run someone over. Sprint cars are pretty tricky to handle on dirt as is, let alone dodge a moving obstacle

The Sprintex Predator - 2012 Honda CR-Z CVT
// BaysonR // Megan // Spoon // Progress // Sprintex // AEM // BLF // Plastidip // GlowShift // iJDMtoy //

Cryo's Build Thread // DIY Grill LED Mod // IG: @cryonic_zf1
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Elite Member

Garage
I reading this as I wait for the red flag to end. I'm not one for on track violence. I hate when they retaliate a ruin a teams car that had nothing to do with it's drivers reactions. I hope Tony gets banned. I've never liked him. Due to his actions, someone is dead, a family is ruined.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
My understanding, from someone who watched it at a different angle, is that Stewart was following a car closely. The lead car blocks the view of the track. When that car swerved away from the kid on the track, Stewart suddenly finds himself face to face with a pedestrian. Not an easy thing to avoid.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
I've only seen one video so I cannot make much of a call on this. The only thing I will say though is that the driver should not have gotten out of his car, unless there was a risk of fire, until safety personnel were on the scene. It's an unfortunate circumstance that nobody wants to deal with.

Jen

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 05:04 PM
CORRUPT

Garage
That dude got exactly what he asked for when he got out of his car on a hot track... Evolution has just proceeded exactly as it should and the world has become a much better place with this idiot now out of the equation. Congratulations, Kevin Ward Jr., you will be always remembered as that moron who got himself killed for acting all tough on a hot track...

2011 Honda CR-Z 6MT PWP EX NAV - JR Rotrex Supercharged
Build Thread /// YouTube Channel /// PARTS FOR SALE
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 09:51 PM

Now, I feel for the kid. May he rest in peace. But it wasn't a particularly bright idea to step out hot-headed into a hot dirt track in the dark wearing black racing gear. Can't believe how dark it is out there based on some videos I've seen. Definitely nowhere near as bright as when those NASCAR drivers hop out of their cars and do their macho **** in a lit-up track. As much as I don't like Stewart, I hope he doesn't get blamed for this. That kid just did not belong there at all.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITEM9 View Post
That dude got exactly what he asked for when he got out of his car on a hot track... Evolution has just proceeded exactly as it should and the world has become a much better place with this idiot now out of the equation. Congratulations, Kevin Ward Jr., you will be always remembered as that moron who got himself killed for acting all tough on a hot track...
I'm sure many won't agree with this statement but I feel you 100%. I have sympathy for his family/loved ones, but not him. He was acting irrational and careless and now he's dead. I won't waste my sympathy on the dead, it would be pointless.

I imagine this is really tough for Stewart. After watching the video I'm certain it was an accident. This isn't reality television, no one in their right mind would murder someone over a sprint car race.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 08:10 AM

Tony seems remorseful about it. Bowing out of the Watkins Glen race was a good move. Man, that kid just did not belong there.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITEM9 View Post
Item9, you voiced the opinion that has been yelling inside my head every time I see the video. Another candidate for the Darwin Award 2014.

Milano Red 2011 EX-CVT, Navi, Armrest, K&N, Aries Mats, Red LEDs for all interior lights, taillight "eyeliner", Sub stuffing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode