Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Creaks and Vibrations 13+ interior

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  PearlWhiteCRZ 
#1 ·
Hey guys! As you guys know, I love my Z. However, I have a few, let's call them "cosmetic" issues. I'm interested in knowing if anyone else has had as many issues with some cosmetics on the 13 and up Z.

*I've posted something similar to this before but I wanted to start a new thread due to additional issues*

(1) Rear left tail light is fogging up AGAIN. The right one has never fogged up. Washed it yesterday, and sure enough it's happening again. Going to have it replaced again. This will be the 4th rear left tail light. As I said before, right one never fogged up.

(2) Steering wheel cover rattles at high RPM and medium RPM. It also rattles over bumps. Anyone else experienced this? It's the actual cover that's over top of the airbag

(3) GLOVE BOX :thumbdown: OMG, I've had it adjusted at the dealership 3 times and it still rattles. I've given up on this. Someone else has to have had this problem too. I've tried literally everything short of having them replace the entire glove box.

(4) Drivers seat squeaking when weather changes. I can bounce a little up and down and move left and right and forward and back and I can hear a squeaking. I've read that some of you have had your seat rebuilt.

Please don't get me wrong. Love my car and I'm not complaining. I'm just curious to know if anyone else has experienced any of these simple cosmetic issues? They are fairly annoying. I usually turn up the music but I don't want to have to do that lol.

I'm known to be a little anal about my car but I feel like these are legitimate complaints. No car is going to be perfect. I get that. :thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 2013, and no rattles at all, but when I had my innovative 75A mounts in, the only rattle that came up that's on your list is #2) steering wheel cover. I silenced it with a thin, flexible, plastic strip under the edge of the top cover with real thin 3m double sided tape.
I do have a rattle that's not on your list, and that's the heko rain guards: When the window is rolled down between a ¼ of an inch and an inch, it rattles against the top of the window and the rear-most portion of the rain guard.

#4 ·
Trudy has a few rattles in the back area...I think it is the partician and assorted tools in the flap area. The suspension has developed a squeak when I get out of the car when it is at rest. Perhaps she is just complaining...

#5 ·
I've noticed my windows shake/rattle when I have the window down half way. But I'm suspecting it was due to a poor tint job. I also noticed the creaking noise from the seats every now and again. Also my hatch wiper blade rattles sometimes too, due to my aftermarket exhaust which I think is normal.
Ultimately, I think we're going to notice more odd noises and rattles because our crz is a small car. If we were in a larger car we probably wouldn't notice these things.

#6 ·
Mine is one of the oldest you can get from 2010, and still not rattle noises anywhere.. only disks dare to squeek form time to time.

edit: oh, nevermind,tennessee is probably pretty hot comparing to my country ,so squeeks are more common on hot places.

#8 ·
I also have the squeaky seat issue that emanates from the side bolster padding. The rest of the vehicle is pretty solid. Squeaks are one of those things that can't be replicated during the trip to the dealer. Maybe a sound recording or video of the squeak would be helpful when you approach the dealer.

Other forum members have had some luck getting the seat issue resolved at the dealer:
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/interior-ice-discussion/13404-seat-cushion-squeaking.html

I have a small hazy area on my radio display. I plan to stop by the dealer and see if they can replace the radio under warranty. I also will ask them to fix the seat during that visit. I will escalate the issue up to the regional rep if my dealer is not responsive.

I have had seven Honda/Acura vehicles and this is the first seat issue.

#9 ·
(3) Glove box

My metal bracket holding up the box squeaks, I shoved some paper towels around until I found the exact spot then screwed the screws in tighter. Worked for me.

(4) Driver's seat

Taking out the seat is quite easy if you have air tools or a cheater bar with an extension. Pull it out and grease it up when you find the spot. Only 4 bolts and a few connectors, disconnect the 12v first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.