Toyota - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 21
Toyota

Do you think a Prius would ride as well as a CR-Z if you fitted 16" wheels with conventional tyres..?
196806 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 03:45 AM
Super Duper Member
 
tra-CRZ-y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Nor Cal (Tracy)
Posts: 1,052
Garage
But not as cool....

...I'm not driving slow...I'm hybridnating...

'13 PBP CVT Base - Trudy,
Sill Plates, iJDMtoy LEDs, fog lights, tinted, splash guards, OEM armrest, OEM type wing, Lecce
tra-CRZ-y is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Tennessee-Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by 196806 View Post
Do you think a Prius would ride as well as a CR-Z if you fitted 16" wheels with conventional tyres..?
Friends don't let friends buy Prius's
Tennessee-Z is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 09:26 PM
Member
 
Gon'CRaZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 146
I test drove one and it road so comfortable. Better than the CR-Z's ride for sure... I wish I could own both cars.
Gon'CRaZ is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mobile AL
Posts: 400
I think it rides better.... The CR-Z drives better but, I have been pushing my mom to dump her Kia Sedona Van and get a prius...

2011 CR-Z EX 6MT CBP
SPICCIANI is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Super Duper Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,342
Koala Yummies is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Super Duper Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPICCIANI View Post
I think it rides better.... The CR-Z drives better but, I have been pushing my mom to dump her Kia Sedona Van and get a prius...
When it comes to purchasing a vehicle theoretically you should buy a vehicle that meets 90% of your needs. You can always rent or borrow a different vehicle for the other 10%.

Does your Mom need the space or other capabilities of the van as compared to something else? Maybe she needs a vehicle that sits higher due to physical issues with getting in and out of it? Why are you involved at all in what your Mom drives?

IMHO and I did shop them when I was searching for a vehicle. Prius(what is the plural?) are over priced for what they are. I looked at every Prius model that existed in 2013 and all were over $30K even minimally equipped.
Spdbump is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 01:03 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 32
I would have bought a Prius over the CRZ in a heartbeat if not for the resale value.

It seems like for like (mileage, year) used CRZs are not all that valuable in comparison.

$8k for my CRZ vs. $14-16k going rate for a similarly used Prius... Saved a ton and I can deal with a ****ty ride and inferior MPGs of the Honda. The other good part of the trade-off is the 6 spd. CRZ is much more fun to drive but not nearly as practical.
beef tits is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Super Duper Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,746
Every Vehicle purchase is a compromise. There are non Hybrid vehicles that get higher mileage than Hybrids most of the ones I looked at required premium fuel. You buy what meets as many of your needs as possible and is available for a price you are willing to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef tits View Post
I would have bought a Prius over the CRZ in a heartbeat if not for the resale value.

It seems like for like (mileage, year) used CRZs are not all that valuable in comparison.

$8k for my CRZ vs. $14-16k going rate for a similarly used Prius... Saved a ton and I can deal with a ****ty ride and inferior MPGs of the Honda. The other good part of the trade-off is the 6 spd. CRZ is much more fun to drive but not nearly as practical.
Spdbump is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mobile AL
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
When it comes to purchasing a vehicle theoretically you should buy a vehicle that meets 90% of your needs. You can always rent or borrow a different vehicle for the other 10%.

Does your Mom need the space or other capabilities of the van as compared to something else? Maybe she needs a vehicle that sits higher due to physical issues with getting in and out of it? Why are you involved at all in what your Mom drives?

IMHO and I did shop them when I was searching for a vehicle. Prius(what is the plural?) are over priced for what they are. I looked at every Prius model that existed in 2013 and all were over $30K even minimally equipped.
My mom likes the ride height and the rear cargo room for transporting beehives and other misc items that would easily fit in any hatch. I'm involved because she was considering getting something 2+ years used and I am a craigslist junkie.... (consider my Cr-Z at $5700, I also buy/sell 5-10 motorcycles per year...)

2011 CR-Z EX 6MT CBP
SPICCIANI is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome