Toyota - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 12:46 PM

I own both. The ride is a tad stiffer in the crz. Both have solid rear axels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Every Vehicle purchase is a compromise. There are non Hybrid vehicles that get higher mileage than Hybrids most of the ones I looked at required premium fuel. You buy what meets as many of your needs as possible and is available for a price you are willing to pay.
Well aware. The CR-Z is the ~87th car I have owned in my life. I wasn't complaining, just pointing out the facts.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef tits View Post
Well aware. The CR-Z is the ~87th car I have owned in my life. I wasn't complaining, just pointing out the facts.
So you won't have the CR-Z long...

You mentioned resale value. My cars have no value when I am done with them I plan to drive them till they refuse to function, repairs cost more than car payments or they are destroyed by accident. I own one vehicle at a time.

I have owned 6 cars in my whole life.

Last edited by Spdbump; 01-07-2016 at 06:42 PM. Reason: details

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala Yummies View Post
Poor choices, crazy theft rate, bad driving, below sea level, frequent avalanches, flood plain, lottery winner, vampire... Unless you're 87 years old+ and been buying cars since yo mamma farted you out thats at least a car a year. So whats the explanation?
I don't see it as unreasonable. I've owned 26 cars personally... I'm not that age either.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 03:18 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
The Caddy counts as four, remember.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala Yummies View Post
Poor choices, crazy theft rate, bad driving, below sea level, frequent avalanches, flood plain, lottery winner, vampire... Unless you're 87 years old+ and been buying cars since yo mamma farted you out thats at least a car a year. So whats the explanation?
I flipped cars to pay my way through college. Mostly mid 90's Corollas and late 80s/early 90s Toyota pickups. Plus I get bored easily. These days it's still not uncommon to pick up a car, drive it for 6 months then sell it for more than I paid for it. Hence the $8k, 37k mile CR-Z I just picked up

I once bought an '87 4Runner in Oakland for $1800, very clean. Fixed a leaky exhaust gasket and a few other small things. Drove it for almost a year then sold it for $6k.

There was a guy in SF who, for a while, would buy just about any mid 90's corolla wagon, sight unseen, for $3500. I was picking those up for $2k or less and driving to CA a couple times a year or shipping them to him. This guy turned around and shipped them to Afghanistan and sold them for $7-8k.

Bought a bone stock 2004 STI for $14.5K used, did some light mods (exhaust, down-pipe, tune), again... drove it for 6 months, put 15k miles on it then had a dealership sell it on consignment for $22k. The beautiful thing about those cars is that most people who want them don't have enough cash to buy one outright... 20 year old dip****s will go to a dealer and finance one for $4-5k over blue book.

Most deals didn't net that much, but buying a car for $1500, putting $500 in it and selling for $3-$3500 was pretty common. There is also the cost of insurance, registration, etc. I lived in AZ for most of that time so no private party sales tax to worry about.

Never made a car payment in my life... and now you know all my former trade secrets.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef tits View Post
I flipped cars to pay my way through college.
Never made a car payment in my life... and now you know all my former trade secrets.
Me too, although you certainly bought and sold more than me... I focused on motorcycles, miata's and civic's....

The hyperstrada seems a bit douchy but if you got a crazy good deal (lots less than kbb trade @6300$) I'd want it too.

2011 CR-Z EX 6MT CBP
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPICCIANI View Post
Me too, although you certainly bought and sold more than me... I focused on motorcycles, miata's and civic's....

The hyperstrada seems a bit douchy but if you got a crazy good deal (lots less than kbb trade @6300$) I'd want it too.
I paid just under double that, but bought it new. ~$2k under MSRP out the door. I won't make any money on that purchase but the smiles go for miles. Every used Ducati I have owned has been a ****ing headache.

If you haven't ridden a 110 HP dirt-bike then you are missing out. It's just a Hypermotard with bags. I took it on a 1,200 mile trip this summer, Black Hills, Yellowstone, etc... even loaded down with 80 lbs of gear it out handles most other bikes. Comfy as all get-out. I ground the shifter pegs off both sides at my last track day. Very versatile bike.

Crotch rockets... now those are douchy. Most guys can't even ride them.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
That sounds like an awesome bike. I've been in the market for a dual sport for a while. Just been looking at used KTM's and stuff of the short tho.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 11:28 PM

It's a blast and I highly recommend taking one for a spin. If you want a better true "dual sport" that isn't a behemoth also check out the Tiger or the 800GS.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode