Reasons to trade/sell CR-Z, or thinking about it - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
View Poll Results: My reason for trading in/selling my CR-Z.
I got baby/babies on the way and need a mini-van now. 1 11.11%
I miss having or now want a super dooper fast car. 0 0%
It's really not saving me any gas. 0 0%
I got a company car. 0 0%
My commute is now shorter, or don't need to commute anymore. 1 11.11%
This is just a transition to a Civic Si/Civic Type R/S2000. 1 11.11%
It breaks down a lot and needs to be fixed. 0 0%
I need a roomier vehicle. 1 11.11%
I want to trade in my CVT for a 6MT or trade in my 6MT for a CVT. 2 22.22%
Even after my test drive, I didn't realize the CR-Z lacked a few things I wish it had. 2 22.22%
The newer CR-Z have cool things I want that aftermarket can't do. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Deputy Forum Librarian

Garage
Reasons to trade/sell CR-Z, or thinking about it

I've looked around and have not seen a thread like this. I'll delete this, if you remember seeing one.

I was just thinking about this thread and there's not one compilation. I've checked around and there are threads about selling/trading from individual owners.

So here are the questions:

Former owners: What was your reason to trading in or selling your CR-Z?
Current owners: What's the reason you'd trade in or sell your CR-Z?

Hope this might help those thinking of getting into a CR-Z or thinking of getting out of a CR-Z.

I know we have the thread, What DON'T you like about the CRZ?, but is it reason enough to get out of the CR-Z?

If you want me to add another reason not on the poll, let me know.

Thanks!
Spdbump likes this.

For your FAQ's - ABC's for the CR-Z
supercrz's experience with the CR-Z
Add me on Facebook: TJ supercrz; Follow me on Instagram: supercrz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 01:55 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
When the '15 came out, with its revised console, new radio head and right side camera mirror, I talked to my dealer about how much I owed, how much my car was worth, and how close we could get to my $260 payment if I got in to a new Z. And I might have done it. if he'd only have waffled less. But I didn't. I'm less interested now after living with the new radio (in a CR-V) and the camera which turns out to be more distracting and dopey than useful.

From your list, I'd venture that circumstances forcing you out of a two-seater may be the only ones that aren't simple emotion, which of course is what mostly sells cars. I got in to the Z when I saw one going down the road and got interested enough to look up the specs, and was taken in by the package. Forty-thousand miles later, I'm still very happy with it. I guess I'd sell/trade it if someone came out with something even more cool, or if the Z starts to show signs of wearing out. I don't see anything on the horizon.
supercrz and Spdbump like this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 09:45 AM
Super Duper Member

For me The Speed Bump has a place in my driveway as long as it does not require repairs more than a car payment. I am still paying it off and I expect I will drive it at least a decade maybe more. I average over 160 K miles on cars I buy new.

I also have no reason to own more than one vehicle at a time unless one is a bicycle. For the few times a year The Speed Bump does not work I rent what I need.
supercrz and jtcorbin like this.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 11:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
When the '15 came out, with its revised console, new radio head and right side camera mirror
Do you mean 2016? Only the 2016 has those things so far (if it's REALLY discontinued). 2011-2015 the only interior thing that changed was the color option and the rear view camera.

Quote:
I'm less interested now after living with the new radio (in a CR-V)
I respectfully disagree. Sure, the bass does find a hidey-hole when you get the screen, but with the right EQ and enough patience, you can almost get Clarion sound clarity with it. I found good enough settings that I'm happy with 95% of the music that plays. The gas mileage info screen was previously only standard on navigation models, and with always-on Google Maps, who wants to pay Honda $150 a year for updated streets and no live traffic anyway? It has a physical volume button instead of the invisible one you hate, and our steering controls eliminate the need to touch the thing more than once in a blue moon on top of all of it.

Quote:
and the camera which turns out to be more distracting and dopey than useful.
Perhaps it is the giant alien fish tank of a CR-V, or the loaner Civic with all the bells and whistles that almost took you from us that the screen is unnecessary or misplaced. On the CR-Z it is perfectly positioned and helps massively with the blind spot, on which there is a huge standalone thread here. Maybe you find the porthole above the rear cubby useful and can make out more than a sliver of sky, but the 150 viewing angle on that side camera is an absolute godsend on our Micro Machine 2-seaters when changing lanes. It is called LaneWatch, after all.
supercrz likes this.

September 2016 LOTM
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 01:38 PM
@ the speed of white

Garage
I don't see anything in the polling options to pry my fingers away from the wheel of my CR-Z. I almost traded my 2013 CVT in on a 2016 6-Speed, but the only thing blocking that deal was that Honda doesn't offer the HPD supercharger with the 2016 model year. [Of course, I could have bought the HPD kit and went with KTuner for tuning, but I was looking more for having a Honda with ALL Honda parts and tuning for the extra goodies.]
supercrz likes this.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 05:08 PM

The only reason that I would sell my Zed is to buy another. Sadly that's not an option in the UK as it's no longer available.
supercrz and Spdbump like this.

CRZ the ultimate gadget.
2010 Milano Red CRZ Sport.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Deputy Forum Librarian

Garage
As it stands right now, I don't have any intention of selling or trading my CR-Z.

After I got my CR-Z (a few months later), I've looked into trading for another CR-Z 6MT with the Navi, and also a Mazdaspeed6. After those times, I've resigned myself from looking at other cars to trade it in.

Now I'm looking to purchase 2 vehicles. Not at the same time of course, but after the CR-Z is paid off. I only have 1 year left.

I'm considering a Honda Ridgeline and a BMW 1 Series.

For your FAQ's - ABC's for the CR-Z
supercrz's experience with the CR-Z
Add me on Facebook: TJ supercrz; Follow me on Instagram: supercrz
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 08:16 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Just trying to sell it to get the S2000 i've always dreamed about since release.
Keeping both payments would be a bit too much...

No other real reason
luddite and supercrz like this.

!!Let the fun begin!!Vuooooooom Pxxx xxxxx xxxx
2011 GT 200 HP Turbocharged @ 8Psi

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 10:17 PM

My reasons:
1. Civic type r is coming out in North America
2. Want a car with more horsepower or more fuel efficient.
3. Realized the cvt was not what you liked.
4. Need back seats.

Reasons to keep:
1. Unique looking and cool
2. Beautiful design of dash and interior
3. Have the option of driving sporty or fuel efficient.
4. Good space to put a dog in the back.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
supercrz likes this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 10:28 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimaera View Post
Do you mean 2016? Only the 2016 has those things so far (if it's REALLY discontinued). 2011-2015 the only interior thing that changed was the color option and the rear view camera.
Must've been it. I'll use my Old card now.
Quote:
I respectfully disagree. Sure, the bass does find a hidey-hole when you get the screen, but with the right EQ and enough patience, you can almost get Clarion sound clarity with it. I found good enough settings that I'm happy with 95% of the music that plays.
My formative years were with a standard AM radio in a VW Bug. I don't expect any decent sounds out of a car radio. But I do want to be able to change tracks, adjust volume, change screens and all the rest without having to not only look away from the road, but worse, trying to keep my extended arm stable enough to hit the right spot on the screen to make it do what I meant. The Civic radio was much worse than the CR-V (which is the radio the Z has), but the V's sucked as well. So does the Z's second try. Between lousy roads, and the apparent abandonment of caution on the part of contemporary pedestrians (who love to wear black at night, and cross a street any old time or place the whim strikes), there's just too damned much going on outside to afford distraction. Voice would be better, if the ninny bint could figure out what I was saying, and if I could figure out what she was listening for.... just like a real girl.
Quote:
The gas mileage info screen was previously only standard on navigation models, and with always-on Google Maps, who wants to pay Honda $150 a year for updated streets and no live traffic anyway?
I have the Nav. It was one of my must-haves. And Google Maps are not only unbeatable, but getting better and better by the month. Still, it's surprising just how thorough the Honda maps are (mine's still the un-updated '13 map), and how seldom I can find something it can't. One of my little road games is to give it and Google both an address, and see how they try to use different routes. I probably have to tweak the preferences somewhere.
Quote:
It has a physical volume button instead of the invisible one you hate, and our steering controls eliminate the need to touch the thing more than once in a blue moon on top of all of it.
The Z's steering controls are a bit clunky for me, I keep hitting MODE instead of +/-, but I'm still practicing. The V had a round arrangement with 4 petals around the center, it was a bit better. The damned Civic volume was a slider thing that I never got the knack of, although at least it had a mute. But it all degenerates into picking of nits. I'm just glad it'll accept what I load on to a USB stick.
Quote:
Perhaps it is the giant alien fish tank of a CR-V,
Actually, it's not too big a car for what it is, and I'm not sure many hate SUVs more than I do. I did enjoy being able to blast in and out of driveways without worrying about scraping off its chin. And I was honestly surprised to find a 4 instead of a 6 under the hood- typical Honda torque management.
Quote:
or the loaner Civic with all the bells and whistles that almost took you from us that the screen is unnecessary or misplaced. On the CR-Z it is perfectly positioned and helps massively with the blind spot, on which there is a huge standalone thread here. Maybe you find the porthole above the rear cubby useful and can make out more than a sliver of sky, but the 150 viewing angle on that side camera is an absolute godsend on our Micro Machine 2-seaters when changing lanes. It is called LaneWatch, after all.
That was one of the troubles with the Civic LaneWatch, in that the screen was lower than the Z's, and looking at it took almost all the peripheral vision away from the windshield. A screen for that should be at the top of the dash. But I've had many jobs driving vans and trucks with worse blind areas than the Z, and haven't really had much bother with it. My center mirror is also set, along with the passenger seat back, that I get a peek out the rear side window enough to find a motorcycle. Pity the 1940's trend of mounting the side mirror at the top of the door has gone away. But at least we don't have the Japanese donkey-ears on the fenders.
supercrz likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode