Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

200,000 Mile Club

14K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Z Grey Shark 
#1 ·
#8 ·
#12 ·

I know I'm late to the party, but babyshark ticked over to 200k miles about a week ago and I wanted to share! After driving through rain for 2 days straight, in the middle of absolutely nowhere in Texas, on the way from Canada to Mexico.

And yes, it's miles not km. I switched the dash over to miles just for this shot.

What a great car it's been! 75k miles in the last 20 months, and no sign of slowing down or getting tired in any way! Just plugs/filters/fluids other than the times I hit things and needed struts once and a wheel bearing the other time.

In about 6 weeks, she goes in to get the back bumper fixed, too. Was like that when I bought it but it still really bothers me for some reason.

Guy at the body shop when I was getting the estimate for the bumper last week couldn't believe the mileage and the shape it's in. That felt pretty good.

Here she is cleaned up after arrival in Mexico on Monday night.

Here's to 200,000 more!!

#15 ·
Font Material property Gadget Electric blue Gas

Just shy of 207k on my white 13' EX MT. Never checked the valve clearances and figured it was about time to do so. Really happy with how nice it looked, no sludge or deposits anywhere.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gas Audio equipment Auto part

Lowest maintenance I have ever had on any car. Just performed usual preventive maintenance, engine oil & filter every 10-12k miles, mtf every 30-45k miles, air filter clean & charge once a year or so.

Only thing that has "failed" since I got it was my accessory idler pulley bearing, which I noticed the wobble before it failed completely. Pressed the bearing out, pressed a new one in around 100k miles. Just did it again for preventive maintenance, can't hurt for under $15 a bearing.

Way more positives than negatives, I'm planning on driving it till the wheels fall off.

Oh yeah and gas mileage is fantastic. I have never reset my B trip, so I'm not sure if it just keeps a rolling average or what? Couldn't be happier.

Font Automotive lighting Electric blue Display device Gadget

#16 ·
Joined the club just last week. Comically on que, got the TPMS notification. All tires good PSI, so guess batteries finally died that moning as was 19f when I left home for work.

Gadget Font Personal luxury car Electric blue Auto part