Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

supercrz's experience with the CR-Z

60K views 244 replies 37 participants last post by  supercrz 
#1 ·
It will be 1 year since I bought my CR-Z and I guess it’s time to write about my experiences with the CR-Z.
I bought my 2011 Honda CR-Z Crystal Black Pearl on 9/5/12 and it had 21852 miles. When I was looking for a car, the only requirement is that it had to be manual transmission.
Here she is the first day I got her:

Found the CR-Z mats.

I bought seat covers to protect the seats. It would have been nice if it were the Clazzio, but this will do for now.

This will not be a CR-Z build but more of my adventures and experiences with the CR-Z. I might post a few pics of any “mods” of the CR-Z. I still plan on keeping it stock, but not set in stone.
That’s it for now. I will have to upload more pics. Thank you!

See less See more
#3 ·
I went home to Oregon at the end of September 2012 to be a part of my friend’s wedding and stopped by my Alma Mater. I bought an Alumni License Plate and other things.

Took a picture of the mileage because it was cool!

A bit blurry but…

Here’s one of my first fill up…it would have been cool if I actually got this mileage, but it dwindles down close to empty.

Found this on one of the flyers at the dealership.

#5 ·
Thank you again for the idea! It is fun to talk about your own car. I figured I better get my own thread started since I chime in on yours all the time. :)

The license plate frame is on, I just need to take a picture of it on. :grin:

It will be stock for now. Any additions I do will be easy to remove. I'm still debating on any mods. If I have to list my mods there would only be 3.

1) JRSC
2) Lowering Springs
3) 17" wheels

#6 ·
Parked too close to the curb…fortunately the wheel did not get scratched!

After a fill up I like looking at the MID and see how high this could go up. It would have been nice if I truly get 64.5 mpg, but it goes down closer to the 40’s.

First time I got the range down to 0. Although I was able to drive for another 3 miles after the 0 came on.

#16 ·
My friend does all his work in his house garage and works on alot of Subarus and Mitsubishis and whatever else comes in. He can pull a Subaru engine in about 45 minutes. It is kinda crazy watching him work. I already printed out the install instructions for the supercharger for him but I will probably wait a while to make the decision to do it. I'm kinda enjoying the gas mileage as I would just keep my old Eclipse if I needed to drive fast...

#26 ·
I've been responding to posts here and realized I haven't checked if my vehicle has any recalls that need to be fixed. Since I bought my car used, I didn't know if the previous owner or the dealership I got it from made any fixes to the car.

Made a search and found this website... Safety Recalls | Honda Safety | Honda Owners Site , typed the VIN and voila!

Glad the recall has been fixed.

#29 ·
Random thoughts for the day...

Yesterday I got the range down to 0 again, but I only made it to 393.8 miles. I usually get up to 400+ miles per tank, but I guess experimenting on how to get the best mpg and being on Sport most of the time didn't help.

Unlike most here, I don't have to be faster than a Prius or have the need to over take them, but I do think the Prius drivers wonder "Why can't be my hybrid as cool as that CR-Z?" :pP::p :grin: :)

#30 ·
I need to start searching the mileage threads to see how you do it. I'm feeling a bit inadequate at 32.9 average. In my defense, I only have 64 miles on the car and part of that was the test drive during which I may have been a bit enthusiastic.

#31 ·
Since I bought the CR-Z, I've been trying to figure out how to hypermile. But there's so many combinations and it's hard to pin point which actually works.

Once I had the car on each modes each full tank and here are the results:

Date Mileage Fill up Average

11/21/12 397.0 10.03 39.6 - Eco
11/11/12 305.0 7.46 40.9 - Mostly Eco
11/02/12 263.0 5.95 44.2 - Eco
10/29/12 375.0 9.68 38.8 - Sport
10/21/12 407.0 9.60 42.4 - Normal

It really helps to get a Fuelly account. I'm just glad that my average fill up days is 9-11 days. When I drove my 1997 Chevrolet Malibu, I have to get gas every 7 days.

#36 ·
^ :giggle: most welcome..

As you see nothing big, a thing to keep the Monthly contest fun and hopefully makes a funny keepsake to display.. Everyone put yours in for this month's competition. Still have about 3 slots to go. You too if even you don't win the COTM, can maybe win the LOTM..

:)

#45 ·
So, I've been experimenting on the CRZ's mileage and here are the results:

Findings:

Not using Cruise Control gets the better mpg.
Taking the Stead Route gets the better mpg.
Taking the Lemmon Route is the shorter route.

I'm still going to experiment and use different driving combinations. All are on Eco Mode unless specified. Every trip taken the Average MPG meter is reset.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.