Honda CR-Z Takata Airbag Recall - Page 3 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 197Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1106 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Elite Member

Garage
Hmmm... we could disable just the front driver air bag or is there a fuse for it, just remove it until we get the replacement.

Its kinda funny that I just got into an accident a few months ago... I hit a Range Rover from behind but because of the height difference, the damage was only on the hood and just the top part of the front bumper (where the Honda Logo is). It totally missed my headlights and the front of the bumper.

I guess its a good thing my air bags didn't deploy!! You good folks don't want to see pics, do you?

2011 Honda CR-Z EX SSM 6MT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1106 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 10:44 AM

I just called my dealership this morning about the recall on my 2015. Going in to pick up a loaner this afternoon. My salesman told me that the service director had already spoken to several cr-z owners before me as well.
post #23 of 1106 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 11:48 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatac View Post
I just called my dealership this morning about the recall on my 2015. Going in to pick up a loaner this afternoon. My salesman told me that the service director had already spoken to several cr-z owners before me as well.
My dealer won't do anything like that till they have the part en route to them with my VIN on it

I am angry as hell about it. I guess I will visit them again!

post #24 of 1106 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letstakeawalk View Post
"John", my Case Manager, called back from American Honda. He stated that Honda will provide a loaner a no charge, and asked which dealership I'd like to work with. He then contacted the dealership, and the service department there (who previously told me there were no loaners) set me up for an appointment to pick up a rental (at no charge) tomorrow morning.
Final update: I picked up a 2015 Crosstour loaner this morning, with a verbal understanding that my Z won't be ready until perhaps May. It wasn't a fun thought of leaving it there at the dealership for such a long wait, but OTOH I'm getting to put a few months' worth of miles/wear and tear onto their car and not mine. Not everybody will make the same choice I did, but I hope you all get treated well, and stay safe however you decide to handle this recall BS. I found that Honda America was very responsive to my concern, so I'll reference the 1-888-234-2138 hot line again. I'll also add that I bought my Z used, and so the dealership handling my car doesn't know me from Adam.

Sidebar:

I know the Crosstour is based on the Accord, but inside it feels like a giant CR-Z. Especially since I put the backseats down flat and can see that huge cargo area and the very similar rear liftgate arrangement.
post #25 of 1106 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
My dealer won't do anything like that till they have the part en route to them with my VIN on it

I am angry as hell about it. I guess I will visit them again!
Dont bother with the dealer again if they already told you no. Call the hotline listed in the recall and tell them. They will assign you a case manager who will then call the dealership for you and make them give you a loaner.

I actually called the hotline right after I called my dealer because the service writer wasn't sure she would be able to give me a loaner that long. The customer service hotline said it wouldn't be an issue and said they would forward my case to a case manager, but the dealership called back saying they could before the case manager even called them.

But again, if your dealership is playing dumb, call the hotline and they will take care of you. It specifically states in the recall that Honda will provide a loaner for free until parts are available.

Side note: I requested a civic for my loaner. I want to maximize mpg and I don't want to be in an accord again like they gave me for my oil change and rattling hatch repair, but we will see what they have when I show up this afternoon.
post #26 of 1106 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 02:58 PM
Super Duper Member

only issue is I am about 1 month away from moving out of state cross country. Thank you for the advice.
post #27 of 1106 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Went and got my loaner today. 2015 Civic EX-L. Was hoping for a 2016 with the turbo.

Told the dealer before I went to pick up the loaner that my car had to have certain things done to it. It needed a wash from all the salt on it. They say they could do a one time courtesy wash. Second thing was the 12v battery need to be on a battery maintainer so it doesn't go bad. Third thing was it need to be ran for a bit every few weeks to keep the hybrid battery charge. Last thing was the tires would need to be swapped from winters to summers once it got warmer out. The last three things said they didn't want to be responsible with those items, so they said I could drive it home and park it. Then when the recall part comes in, I would just drive it in. So that's what I did.

So now I have a free car to drive until the recall is complete and it will save a few more miles on the CR-Z too. Also the Civic has quite a few more goodies than the CR-Z has, biggest thing is heated seats. Bonus, the cars are the same color .

post #28 of 1106 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 03:29 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Good time to not be a Honda Service Manager, I say. Jeeze, what a headache.

I hope they're keeping sharp objects away from the honcho at Takeda.
post #29 of 1106 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 07:55 AM

Picked up my loaner yesterday, I too got a civic although I'm pretty sure it's a base. Feels a little slow, but it's not too bad I guess.

The service writer told me that for now they were keeping my car, but might need me to take it home depending on how many show up since they might run out of room. I told them if the need to bring it to my house they're going to have to have someone from the dealership drive it over.

My only complaint so far with the process is that the loaner car is covered in salt spray on the outside. But, I don't really mind because they usually make you schedule loaners a couple days ahead but got me one same day, so probably they didn't have time to wash it. My car was dirty too when I took it in so I can't complain too much! I'll probably give the loaner a quick hand wash this afternoon since we are having a nice day here anyway.
post #30 of 1106 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 AM

I followed everyone's advice yesterday and the dealership had no problems with it and offered a loaner or rental before I could even try to validate why I thought I needed one lol. Today they should call me to let me know when to get it. If its a loaner, they said it would be a Civic.

I commute 110 miles each way to work every day, and my wife has hit a deer with it once, (bags didn't deploy, I think it was because it was hit on passenger side) and I have come close a few times to deer, dogs, skunks etc. Rather be safe than sorry, since I spend so much time in the car.

I wonder if we will get the repair first, so that they can limit the money being put out on the loaners and rentals?

Last edited by Gambolt; 02-19-2016 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Adding comment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode