Honda CR-Z Takata Airbag Recall - Page 11 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 199Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhuth View Post
Don't ever get your rental on a Wednesday. The only car that was available was this.

I called five different Enterprise-Rent-a-Cars. No one had a car. Literally, not even the airport. Only land boats and trucks. I am stuck with this one until tomorrow when I can hopefully go back to the same rental location when they have actual options.
you poor thing! Make sure you arrive at the rental place at 4pm.
Around noon they have nothing but vans

Edit *** I agree with Koala below...that is seriously rough.. please be aware that you can swap you rental for something else at anytime (for example REALLY REALLY SOON) I am gonna drive one or two tanks (of premium) on my 370z then swap in for something else...

2011 CR-Z EX 6MT CBP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Don't ever get your rental on a Wednesday. The only car that was available was this.
LOL!! Somehow you unfortunately got one of the few vehicles that would make some rather take a chance with a defective airbag pointed at one's face.
post #103 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Don't ever get your rental on a Wednesday. The only car that was available was this......
Holy cripes, just how much do you hate walking?

Didn't they have a nice pink one for you?
clayky likes this.

post #104 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 10:46 PM

This loaner situation might end up being kind of fun. I'm already tired of the Crosstour after a couple weeks, so I'm getting them to switch me to a Civic for a while, but they already know I've been looking at the Accord as well. My dealer has their own rental agency within the dealership, pretty much all Hondas...

I've also been talking with my case manager about getting them to release my Z back to me, just have to sign the disclaimer forms. I'm like most of you, letting the Z sit on the dealer lot just doesn't feel right, it's been keeping me awake at night wondering about the battery condition.
post #105 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 11:53 PM
Deputy Forum Librarian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letstakeawalk View Post
I've also been talking with my case manager about getting them to release my Z back to me, just have to sign the disclaimer forms. I'm like most of you, letting the Z sit on the dealer lot just doesn't feel right, it's been keeping me awake at night wondering about the battery condition.
I'm thinking about this loaner thing. I think one way to get away from being able to keep your CRZ it to tell them about the IMA battery. They should know that it needs to be started or driven to keep the IMA battery in good working order.

Is it get the vehicle started for 30 minutes every week or month? Or is it to be driven for 30 minutes every week or month?

For your FAQ's - ABC's for the CR-Z
supercrz's experience with the CR-Z
Add me on Facebook: TJ supercrz; Follow me on Instagram: supercrz
post #106 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercrz View Post
I'm thinking about this loaner thing. I think one way to get away from being able to keep your CRZ it to tell them about the IMA battery. They should know that it needs to be started or driven to keep the IMA battery in good working order.

Is it get the vehicle started for 30 minutes every week or month? Or is it to be driven for 30 minutes every week or month?
Don't you know, my manual is in the car? My heart says driven 30 minutes a week. At least. More, if possible, with lots of WOT.

(Didn't realize how much I'd miss it)
post #107 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 04:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercrz View Post

I mentioned the hybrid battery situation and my dealership didn't give a crap until I called the Honda recall number and got them involved. It's a simple matter of signing a waiver and you can keep your CR-Z at home.
The sticker under the hood states 30 minutes a month.

2011 Milano Red CR-Z EX 6spd manual
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
2015 Subaru Outback
post #108 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letstakeawalk View Post
Don't you know, my manual is in the car? .....
Your owner's manual is always in your Google:

Owner's Manual & Warranty | Honda | Honda Owners Site
post #109 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 10:48 AM

Honda America is more than happy for you to sign the waiver and take your car home.
I think I might try to push my luck and drop by the dealership and take my car on a date 1 saturday a month...

2011 CR-Z EX 6MT CBP
post #110 of 1106 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPICCIANI View Post
Honda America is more than happy for you to sign the waiver and take your car home.
I think I might try to push my luck and drop by the dealership and take my car on a date 1 saturday a month...
They will probably bury it in a storage lot. and not allow you to "borrow it". If I drop mine off ( after my move) I may charge the IMA all the way up and pull the backup fuse like when it was shipped. Or forego the rental and bring it in when part comes in then take the loaner.

As one of the other members stated we may be over reacting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode