Honda CR-Z Takata Airbag Recall - Page 109 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 199Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1081 of 1106 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
How long was your car sitting before this work was done? It may improve over time as the car resets. While my car was laid up waiting for the inflator I took it it out every few weeks to exercise it and charge the batteries up. I think I was referring to the 12 volt as some mechanics or processes require it to be disconnected. I know when the Speed Bump was in the body shop and they had to replace an airbag sensor from the accident they had to disconnect the battery. The good news is this time I did not lose the trip odometers or radio stations. I did lose those when the battery failed.
The Z is my daily driver, so mere hours. I'd say maybe a total of 9 or 10 hours since I parked it the previous night? I drove it the whole time it needed the airbag replacement, I'm a loose cannon like that. It's gotten somewhat better over time (I was furious when I first got it back) but it definitely does not drive like it used to.

As for the idling that Karl is mentioning, I wish I could diagnose whether or not that's happening with mine. I only just started caring about how cars work once I got the Z- previous to owning this car I couldn't be bothered to give a damn about the inner working of a car as long as it took me somewhere. I'm not quite sure how to tell if there's anything wrong with the idling. All I know is that I've driven the car at least 600 or 700 miles since that service so if any 'reset' was to occur, it probably would have already done so. At this point we're way off topic though so I'll shut up now.

Quote:
No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten. - Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1106 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
The Z is my daily driver, so mere hours. I'd say maybe a total of 9 or 10 hours since I parked it the previous night? I drove it the whole time it needed the airbag replacement, I'm a loose cannon like that. It's gotten somewhat better over time (I was furious when I first got it back) but it definitely does not drive like it used to.

As for the idling that Karl is mentioning, I wish I could diagnose whether or not that's happening with mine. I only just started caring about how cars work once I got the Z- previous to owning this car I couldn't be bothered to give a damn about the inner working of a car as long as it took me somewhere. I'm not quite sure how to tell if there's anything wrong with the idling. All I know is that I've driven the car at least 600 or 700 miles since that service so if any 'reset' was to occur, it probably would have already done so. At this point we're way off topic though so I'll shut up now.
Honda Regional representative! ( at a different dealer)I had to speak to one about The Speed Bump and managed to get my issues resolved. But they were not as bad as yours.

Write a USPS letter with as much detail as you can to Honda America Corporate.
post #1083 of 1106 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:59 PM

Honda US gave me $150 dollar gift card for my troubles......

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

post #1084 of 1106 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 03:16 PM

I got lucky at my Honda dealership. I took mine in for an oil change and my annual safety inspection and happened to ask about the recall. She told me they had them in the parts bay and that it would be taken care of with the rest of the service. She said they just started receiving boxes of the replacements instead of being on a list, so they had extras. All done in an hours time and I was on my way. Did nick the steering wheel like others have talked about when removing the airbag cover, but oh well. I'll be driving this care forever I'm sure.

2011 Honda CR-Z EX, Milano Red : Currently Stock : My Ride & Picture Thread
post #1085 of 1106 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Honda Regional representative! ( at a different dealer)I had to speak to one about The Speed Bump and managed to get my issues resolved. But they were not as bad as yours.

Write a USPS letter with as much detail as you can to Honda America Corporate.
Interesting. Any particular reason it should be USPS rather than an email?

Quote:
No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten. - Hunter S. Thompson
post #1086 of 1106 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 08:09 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
Interesting. Any particular reason it should be USPS rather than an email?
Email is common, frequently ignored and is usually handled by automated customer care systems (or agents who are so poorly paid they have no reason to care. They may even have a hard time understanding English).

USPS mail is more unusual (but takes a little more time and skill) and if sent to high ranking officials (think C suite) harder to ignore. Most C suite occupants know English very well and have incentive to keep customers happy. If all else fails contact one of the many media consumer helpers. Bad publicity is one thing all C suite residents want to avoid. (You can even threaten to do it but make sure if you do threaten you are prepared to do it. Include your already written letter in the letter to the C suite)

I have had very good luck with short well written mail sent to multiple officials with supporting documentation. Think CC, let all know who else saw it

There are many sites online that list officers of companies because of filing requirements for the stock market ( SEC.gov | Filings & Forms is just one of them). With the right search terms anything can be found even secret USPS addresses.
post #1087 of 1106 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strycker View Post
I got lucky at my Honda dealership. I took mine in for an oil change and my annual safety inspection and happened to ask about the recall. She told me they had them in the parts bay and that it would be taken care of with the rest of the service. She said they just started receiving boxes of the replacements instead of being on a list, so they had extras. All done in an hours time and I was on my way. Did nick the steering wheel like others have talked about when removing the airbag cover, but oh well. I'll be driving this care forever I'm sure.
Go back and complain if they are a good dealer they will make it right if not see my other postings on how to use the system.
post #1088 of 1106 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 03:55 AM

Nice thread! Honda for sure one of the nicest car brands on the planet.
Just joined this forum and can't believe how much information I can find here
HondaHolly and Spdbump like this.
post #1089 of 1106 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 12:48 PM

Is our car not included in this list for the passenger recall?

Ford, Honda, Toyota Expand Takata Recalls - Motor Trend

2011 CR-Z EX 6MT CBP
post #1090 of 1106 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:37 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPICCIANI View Post
Is our car not included in this list for the passenger recall?

Ford, Honda, Toyota Expand Takata Recalls - Motor Trend
Apparently not but with the driver's side recall it took a while before Honda added us to the list. It may just take time. It is a question I will ask when The Speed Bump next wants it's spa day ( routine maintenance).

If the passenger side inflator needs to be replaced I wonder how much damage they could do to the trim etc?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode