Honda Updates CR-Z for 2013 but US Still Misses out on Options - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Go Back   Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums > Honda CR-Z: News > Honda CR-Z News, Rumours, and Updates

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Honda Updates CR-Z for 2013 but US Still Misses out on Options

The Honda CR-Z is updated for 2013 and we have been trying to get Honda to explain why the US still misses out on some of the cooler options, like the Panoramic Sunroof.

For 2013, Honda buyers can finally get a CR-Z with LED, daytime-running-lights. But don't be too excited yet, because this is only available on the upmarket CR-Z EX. Which starts at $21,655 with a manual transmission and has a price growth to $22,305.

Expect to see lineups for customers at the parts counter for the uprated headlights. That is, if sales take off. For 2012, the CR-Z was Honda's worst-selling model in America, falling behind even the much ridiculed and likely doomed Ridgeline pickup.

We asked Honda why the US market does not get the the panoramic moonroof that is enjoyed by the rest of the world, but they declined to comment at this time. They did not rule out the possibility of seeing it on next year's car however. The same may also be true of better seats in the car. We are disappointed to see that US-market CR-Z still lack the option of leather seating. While we are depressed that we cannot get any sunshine in our CR-Z, while the rest of the world enjoys panoramic moonroofs, there are some nice touches on the update.

The all-new lithium-ion battery pack, increases the car's power output and EPA fuel-economy. There is a new rear diffuser, the wheels are in a new finish and there are two new paint finishes. Passion Berry Pearl and Polished Metal Metallic CR-Zs will be on dealer lots very soon.

The feature everyone is excited about is the Sport Plus button that provides extra power drawn from the batteries. Horsepower is up by 8 to 130 at peak output. Torque has also climbed by 12 lbs/feet on manual cars and 4 on CVT cars to 140 and 127 respectively.

The combined EPA figures of both versions have increased with the manual equipped cars going up to an average of 38 MPG over and CVT cars earning 39 MPG overall. The clutch on the manual cars is also larger and the final-drive ratio has been lowered to make the car feel sportier.

All cars now have Bluetooth capability for cell-phones and audio.They are also equipped with a rearview camera and the rearview mirror is larger than on the previous model year cars.

Stepping up from the base car to the CR-Z EX adds HID headlights with LED, DRLs, a 360-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with seven speakers, including subwoofer. The seats may be cloth but the higher spec adds perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel. The uprated model can be optioned with a Satellite-Linked Navigation System™2 with FM traffic and voice recognition. It also interfaces with Pandora® and can handle SMS text messages.
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Bummer on the exclusion of the panoramic sunroof for us US buyers, also seems that rumor of increased 17" wheel and tire size did not come through. Going to place the order for my 2013 as soon as one of my local dealers will take it. Not a fan of the red stitching or seat covers with the red accent based on pictures, but I plan to have the leather front seat covers put on. May see if the door interiors can be covered as well. Exterior color: taking a chance on the Passion Berry Pearl, which looks dark enough to be cool and make the car's lines pop. Any thoughts, feel free. Also which aftermarket leather seat covers would you recommend? BTW, still do not expect to see it here until late February or early March now(although that could be the dealer trying to talk me into a civic si instead).
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

I just purchased the 2013 CR-Z last week. It's pretty sweet. Even driving it hard I get about 38.7 mpg. My buddy at work has a 2011 and its true that they shortened 6th to make it sportier. S+ is something like a boost when you need to get on the highway or pass a car quickly. You can definitely feel the car push you back in your seat. I got the EX with everything thrown in for about 25k. It's an expense, but the car is totally worth it. Back up camera is also cool. It's built into my rear view camera. Anyways, ask a way and I can send pics if need be.

CR-Z 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.