Supercharged Honda CR-Z At SEMA - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Go Back   Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums > Honda CR-Z: News > Honda CR-Z News, Rumours, and Updates

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Supercharged Honda CR-Z At SEMA

Honda has brought a supercharged version of the CR-Z hybrid to SEMA in Las Vegas. The HPD Supercharged CRZ Concept, has a horsepower output of 185, which 63 more than the 122 found in the stock model. Torque is up by 41 lbs/feet to 169 from the standard 128.

To stop this newly potent sports-coupe, their are now 4-piston calipers that clamp down on upgraded rotors. To make room, the wheels are now 18 inches in size and roll on 215/40/ZR18 tires.

The springs and shocks are HPD performance parts as is the new rear diffuser. The front-lip spoiler is straight out of the Honda accessory catalogue. Completing the looks is a central exhaust.

According to Honda PR boss, Save Marie, this concept is testing the reception of bringing out a higher-performance CR-Z to the US market. Given that the CR-Z is a low-volume car, this makes the concept seem like little more than a fantasy. Marie did however tell Autoguide, that given the low-volume nature of the CR-Z, this vehicle is the perfect marketing test-bed for the new engine as there is little risk. This engine did debut at SEMA last year.

With Japan and the U.K. getting supercharged CR-Zs available to the public it makes sense for this car to hit America. All the parts are already tested and proven.

For more, head over to Autoguide.
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

makes sense to make them available in the US - in the meantime I am saving to make my own.
dtconnor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
CRZ-FORUM HATER

Awesome wonder what the center exhaust looks like
Carzee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzee View Post
Awesome wonder what the center exhaust looks like
Click the link - it looks like someone plastidipped a JDP diffuser and cut a hole in it for the exhaust. Not that great looking...
dripkit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Duper Member

Garage

This one is in black.
HPD Supercharged CR-Z - Honda Performance Development
human668 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Duper Member

So Honda basically put a noblesse/Remus diffuser on and the same supercharger as everywhere else
B-rad is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Sadly, that was the only CR-Z at the whole show that I saw. It didn't seem like Honda brought any more.

I saw lots of celebs, a lot of Chip Foose stuff, a very small Overhaulin' studio, and some fun ride-alongs. The weather is perfect. So it is a good show. The best since the economy tanked. Yet, the CR-Z is a very rare find.

It's a HUGE show and today was Day 1 and I did not see everything today. There might be a few CR-Zs in various mod booths or show cars. I haven't seen any yet. I'll look again tomorrow.
Jayemtee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

I was so wanting to go to SEMA on the last day towards the end of the day to score some cheap stuff. Back when the Rockford Fosgate 360.2 came out I scored one for $120 brand new in the box. And then various speakers, amps, etc. Oh well
Build Sig:2011 PWP CVT w/Nav, Webasto 321L Sunroof, 18" ISS Wheels, JR Supercharger, Blk Leather Clazzio, iJDMTOY LeDs, Aries Mats, OEM Blk ArmRst, Rexxstyling Mugen RR Kit, Leather Dr Panels, 6 Polk Spkrs 1JL stck Sub Enclsr, 5ch RF Amp, 10000k GARAX HID, T1R Side Mirs, Airtekk Suspension, R1Concept rotors & brakes, HPD Exhaust more 2 come
Hellionz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Also of interest is that while the front lip spoiler was straight out of the catalog/catalogue, it was not installed per the Honda instruction sheets.

I always suggest that it is a better looking installation to leave the side skirts on and just mark where you want the spoiler to go, drill it and install it. I can be done quickly with the bumper on. The instructions want all of the lower skirts removed with the bumper off.

On this car, the bumper was off for the turbo installation. Still, there are underbody skirts along the front. I don't know if they are special design for this car or if they are stock 2011 pieces. It is a 2011 car, and I suspect the underbody skirts are stock.
Jayemtee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

i have a question,

are those parts for sale? and can we upgrade our CR-Z with them to be like the SEMA one, and what would be the cost?
SteCu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.