Springs Springs Springs - Page 5 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 01:38 AM
Elite Member

Garage
Sorry to resurrect an old thread... hope nobody minds but I thought I would contribute and this thread looked like the best place to post my new springs installation.

Anyway, just installed a set of Tein H.Tech lowering springs. Garage Five - a specialty auto installer here did them for me. Apparently, when installing these springs, they had to remove about 1.5cm off the front bump stops, but didn't have to do anything on the rear stops.

The drop is not that significant compared to others, but more then enough for me. Handling and overall suspension feel is excellent. Much better than the stock springs but just as comfortable. Totally worth the upgrade and highly recommended for anyone who doesn't want a significant drop and at the same time upgrading to a firmer stock suspension feel.

Right now, my plan is to drive around for the next 500km on my old rims and tires and hopefully the springs will settle by then. After, I'll install my new rims/tires and bring the car into the dealer for a wheel alignment.

Here is the front springs installed

Here is the rear springs installed

Before installation

After installation.

2011 Honda CR-Z EX SSM 6MT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 11:16 AM
stop taking me seriously

Thanks for contributing. That's what we're here for... mostly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatguy87 View Post
Art, I think your a really hot guy.... Like super cute.
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 12:01 PM
CORRUPT

Garage
Wheels will make no difference on your alignment. I would keep on your old wheels on for the alignment. The less that someone else that isn't you touches your wheels, the better... At least that's my rule. All too many times have I heard "yeah, yeah, I'm always careful" and be horribly disappointed...

Especially at the Honda dealer... The one by me uses the kind that clamps on the lip of the wheel and it can leave marks.

2011 Honda CR-Z 6MT PWP EX NAV - JR Rotrex Supercharged
Build Thread /// YouTube Channel /// PARTS FOR SALE

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Elite Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITEM9 View Post
Wheels will make no difference on your alignment. I would keep on your old wheels on for the alignment. The less that someone else that isn't you touches your wheels, the better... At least that's my rule. All too many times have I heard "yeah, yeah, I'm always careful" and be horribly disappointed...

Especially at the Honda dealer... The one by me uses the kind that clamps on the lip of the wheel and it can leave marks.
Item9... I was thinking the same thing but my new rims and tires are different size than stock. Rims are 17x7et45 and the tire size is 215/45/17. Shouldn't you use the new ones when doing the alignment or does it even matter?

post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Elite Member

Garage
After thinking about what you said, that does sounds right. Changing wheels won't change the camber or toe so I will take your excellent advice.

Many Thanks!!

post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 12:17 PM

I just got a jeep as a second car so I wont be loading anything heavy into the back any more and need new shocks anyway. I was thinking of lowering just the back. Can anyone comment on whether it is worth it?

I already scrape the front where I live so I don't want to lower the front. I want stiffer springs in the front too, but they all come shorter than OE. Maybe lowering the back will tilt the car enough so I don't scrape all the time. Any other solutions to the front scraping all the time?

Maybe i need to cough up the extra for coilovers. Im not exactly sure here, I am new to suspension tuning.
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindguyinanorg View Post
I just got a jeep as a second car so I wont be loading anything heavy into the back any more and need new shocks anyway. I was thinking of lowering just the back. Can anyone comment on whether it is worth it?

I already scrape the front where I live so I don't want to lower the front. I want stiffer springs in the front too, but they all come shorter than OE. Maybe lowering the back will tilt the car enough so I don't scrape all the time. Any other solutions to the front scraping all the time?

Maybe i need to cough up the extra for coilovers. Im not exactly sure here, I am new to suspension tuning.
You want to lower just the rear?

If you want stiffer springs in the front without changing the ride height the best way would be to go with a coilover and go with a longer spring than what it comes with in a higher spring rate that way you can retain the stock ride height with a stiffer spring. Some coil overs will allow for stock ride height right out of the box. There are also those really cheap spring spacers/lifters/boosters that can change the rate and raise the height but I wouldn't recommend those.
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 08:48 PM

Any of these spring sets should work just fine for Zf3/2016 since that had not changed in the refresh correct?
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 04:11 PM

Hey!

Would anyone have any experience with these?

DIRENZA LOWERING SPRINGS TRACK SUSPENSION 30mm HONDA CR Z 1.5 HYBRID ZF1 | eBay

Thanks,
Ronan.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 04:38 PM
Super Duper Member

Never heard of them.

Looks like that brand name is trying to bank off of the familiarity of Dunlop's Direzza tire line. In any case they're probably junk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode