Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Bouncy Rear Suspension BC Racing BR

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Panda 
#1 ·
First Post and long time lurker.

I need some help with my suspension. I purchased a BC Racing BR last week and installed it at an local shop who know nothing about coilovers ajustement.
Since the installation it's bouncing in the rear. Front seems to be ok. I adjusted the damper, soft/middle/hard, nothing change, still bouncing and I have the feeling to drive on ice. I know that i need to align the car to fix the icy/sway issue.
I need to know how to do the preload ajustement for the CRZ.
This video explain how to adjust preload :
BC Racing NA- Separate Spring and Shock Preload
But the CRZ doesn't have the same set up as this car.
Can some one explain me in detail how to do the preload and remove the bouncy.

Pictures :

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.

See less See more
#2 ·
Adjust the preload in the rear to match the rear spring height.

#4 ·
I had this problem, so this is a bit hard to explain but here goes:

so when the car is under zero load in the back (pretty much lifted in the back so the wheels are in the air) make sure there is no slack on the spring perches. If there is you'll need to either shorten the shock length or make the spring perch longer. That should make the rear feel better and actually let you feel the adjustments when you go from hard to soft.

hope that helps, if not PM me and I can help you out some more

#5 ·
Thank you very much for this information Panda.

I think the spring are compressed a lot in front and in the back. I didn't know that the perch was ajustable when they installed it, so to drop the car they compressed the spring too much I think and didn't ajust the perch lenght.

Thanks Again.
I will try to adjust everything this week end.

#7 ·
I followed your instruction and it fixed the bouncy issue (thank you) but I went to the garage to fit my new set of wheels and lower the car. I don't love this suspension very much, it's Ok but nothing more. I will upgrade the coils spring next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.