Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Australian CRZ owner

23K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  fromgmg 
#1 ·
i know there are a couple of peeps in australia who owns a crz. seen a few done up one too.. just wondering if there are any who's on this forum??

#3 ·

#5 ·
BP Gas Station

716/720 Warrigal Road
Chadstone VIC

the sorry is his girlfriend is pregnant and this will be up for sale :( he was gonna take into the dealership but he was $14k for a car that's worth close to $22k + plus possibly

it has a moon roof and auto trans.. and completely stock

#6 ·

#9 ·
Yep, I've seen two on the road now [one silver, one blue] and I saw there is actually a silver one for sale in WA on CarSales at the moment. I was speaking to an S2000 owner at a recent car show and he was thinking of trading it in for a CRZ. We might be able to start a club of two members!

#18 ·
Sat Nav Software Updates?

Hi,
Just did a little trip in our CR-Z and realised the Sat Nav files are way out of date.
Of course I could go the the Dealer but I'm wondering if anyone has managed to update it in any other way or what is the cost of the OEM update.
Any ideas and information will be appreciated,
Adnoh

#23 ·
Melb CRZ now in Tas

Hi all,

It's a tad quiet in Australia for CRZ, so it's even quieter in Tas :frown2:

I've got a nice Pearl White Melb CRZ late last year that I just love, great shape, great cornering and surprisingly quick in sports with paddle shifters.

In two weeks I'm adding a Spoon G8 intake, K&N typhoon cold induction air intake, an OEM luxury model full-size Nav screen (I've got the base model so not all features of the nav will work but I'll see how I go) and a basic JP style front lip urethane spoiler

Later in the year, I'll add some Enkei RPF1 17x8 +45 114.3 Gold wheels and hopefully a sprintext supercharger (although, I'm still trying to convince myself that $3300 is worth it for the sprintex supercharger's few extra HP, so undecided a Sprintex supercharger but still an option)

I'll post up photos as I go :smile2:

#24 ·
Welcome! You'll love the performance upgrades! Good luck with the Navi install, hope it works for you.
Hi all,
It's a tad quiet in Australia for CRZ, so it's even quieter in Tas /forum/images/CRZForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_sad.png
I've got a nice Pearl White Melb CRZ late last year that I just love, great shape, great cornering and surprisingly quick in sports with paddle shifters.
In two weeks I'm adding a Spoon G8 intake, K&N typhoon cold induction air intake, an OEM luxury model full-size Nav screen (I've got the base model so not all features of the nav will work but I'll see how I go) and a basic JP style front lip urethane spoiler
Later in the year, I'll add some Enkei RPF1 17x8 +45 114.3 Gold wheels and hopefully a sprintext supercharger (although, I'm still trying to convince myself that $3300 is worth it for the sprintex supercharger's few extra HP, so undecided a Sprintex supercharger but still an option)
I'll post up photos as I go /forum/images/CRZForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png

#25 ·
UPDATE: Aussie CRZ base radio upgrade to Navi system (ALL Good :)

UPDATE on the base radio system swap to a Navi audio system install.

Install went well and the only controls not working are the steering wheel phone send/hang-up. This hasn't proven to be an issue because the touch screen is easy enough to use.

Other than the steering wheel phone buttons everything else works.

Navigation works brilliantly and tracks the car. Radio/DVD/CD/Bluetooth controls all work. Volume up/down/track up/down/ mode all work for Radio, Radio scanning, radio tuning, CD play etc, DVD play etc and Bluetooth audio control over my phone. All speakers work with the fader. Lastly, the system dims with lights on. Really cannot fault the install, especially after reading horror stories about expensive or complicated re-wiring.

It was a straight fit, no modifications, mounting screw correct location, Hazard works ok.

I'm looking to install an OEM rear view camera when one becomes affordable and I'll just splice in a long run of wires so the loom connects. Lastly, if I can locate a steering wheel phone call/hang-up loom connector for a Navi unit I'll splice the old steering wheel phone call/hang-up loom to allow the functionality of the steering wheel call/hang-up buttons, but they're not essential.

All in all, everything worked except the call/hang-up buttons on the steering wheel.

My K7N Pod filter is due tomorrow (Wed, 17th April) so looking forward to connecting that.
I've got a JP Style Front Bumper Lip on its way so that should tidy up the front spoiler a lot as I like the continuous look of the JP Style Front Bumper Lip. I got the urethane lip as I believe urethane is more forgiving than FRP which tends to crack when bumped.
Just Ordered a T1R Racing Convertor for the CRZ as I believe it's also a good affordable mod.

Slowly getting the CRZ sorted

Cheers,
Pete

#26 ·
Hiya,

Interested in your post.

My audio tech said I may have steering wheel connectivity issues when I replace my system. My touch screen died - it's a CR-V system NOT CR-Z. I've ordered the Keywood DMX8520dabs, replacing the reversing camera and adding another camera to the gutter side (coz I can).

Wish me luck.

Bindii

BTW I'm based in south coast NSW, moved from Canberra five years ago. I play spotto with the CR-Z - I'm the mad one that will honk/wave at traffic lights. I "introduced" myself to three reds, a turquoise, another purple (I'm purple), and a white.

Batemans Bay there's a turquoise one.

And I haven't spotted and single Z near me. We're special :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.