Newbie looking for CR-Z advice - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Newbie looking for CR-Z advice

Hi All,

Ive been considering a CR-Z to replace my current Celica due to tighter restrictions on CO2 from my local council. Are there any 'special editions' CR-Z's available in the UK? And whats the any general advice?

Much appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:43 AM

Not sure about special editions, but in Europe you all got Yellow CR-Zs. They look pretty awesome, and I wish Honda offered that color in America.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 04:52 PM

The GT looks like a nice Europe only CrZ

2011 CR-Z EX 6MT CBP

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 05:16 PM

The Glass panorama roof was only available in EU/JDM as well... I wish I could get one...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

I didn't even know the sunroof was available - thanks for the heads up.

Ok looks like i'll be going for the GT spec, and rare options I should look out for? I'll be keeping the car for quite a while
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 06:07 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapToy1 View Post
I didn't even know the sunroof was available - thanks for the heads up.

Ok looks like i'll be going for the GT spec, and rare options I should look out for? I'll be keeping the car for quite a while
As CR-Zs at the best of times are limited production and have now been discontinued, if you really want one you have to buy what you can find where you are. Don't get too specific or you will be disappointed.

PS it is a glass roof it does not open. There was a huge discussion on here about that option. There was a potential member who said that he had to have an open able roof and he was comparing the CR-Z to much moire expensive vehicles. He was negative about the vehicle because of what he thought it should have and what it actually had.

I reiterate if you want one, buy what is available don't get set on anything too specific.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
As CR-Zs at the best of times are limited production and have now been discontinued, if you really want one you have to buy what you can find where you are. Don't get too specific or you will be disappointed.

PS it is a glass roof it does not open. There was a huge discussion on here about that option. There was a potential member who said that he had to have an open able roof and he was comparing the CR-Z to much moire expensive vehicles. He was negative about the vehicle because of what he thought it should have and what it actually had.

I reiterate if you want one, buy what is available don't get set on anything too specific.
Ah ok no worries then. Im only enquiring as that happened to me when I bought my Celica - shortly after buying my one, I found out that there was a limited edition model that was 'pre-modded' with factory bodykit and lowering springs. If I had known that beforehand, I would have spent a bit more and got that one.

Thanks for your advice though, will do a bit more research on whats available.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Deputy Forum Librarian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapToy1 View Post
Ah ok no worries then. Im only enquiring as that happened to me when I bought my Celica - shortly after buying my one, I found out that there was a limited edition model that was 'pre-modded' with factory bodykit and lowering springs. If I had known that beforehand, I would have spent a bit more and got that one.

Thanks for your advice though, will do a bit more research on whats available.
CR-Z's also came in a Mugen kit version. Mostly cosmetic such as a body kit and wheels. There's a UK Facebook page CR-Z group and I thought I saw a black one for sale with the Mugen kit. There's probably only 5% or less Mugen kitted CR-Z.

Good luck with the search!

For your FAQ's - ABC's for the CR-Z
supercrz's experience with the CR-Z
Add me on Facebook: TJ supercrz; Follow me on Instagram: supercrz
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 05:34 PM

I just sold a 2006 celica gt and bought a crz gt..couldn't comment on the non gt version but I'm happy to have paid the extra monies. I'm also happy with the 20 rd tax compared to the 275 i was paying!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 05:37 PM

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
supercrz likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode