Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Hondata FlashPro for CR-Z

48K views 113 replies 51 participants last post by  steele 
#1 · (Edited)
Early next month Hondata will be releasing the FlashPro for the CR-Z:

FlashPro CR-Z

We would like to invite any interested individuals to a Dyno day Saturday 19th November from 9:30-5pm at:

Church Automotive
300 Quay Street
Wilmington CA

Runs are $30. Food and drink are provided. Please express your interest and I will draw up a list of available times and add it to this post.

There will be a raffle for a CR-Z FlashPro. All you need to do is one dyno run to qualify for entry.

#9 ·
Sweeeeeeeeet! :wiggle:

With an I/H/E, what type of gains can a tuner squeeze out of this tiny engine safely? (Without forced induction or NOS).

#17 ·
This is very exciting, Im glad there is an option now for tuning with boost later on in case the bisimoto kit doesnt pan out. Id probably pick this up even without boost.

You can tune any car in stock form and get better performance, just because from the factory theyre tuned for economy and 87 octane gas. Im guessing you could tweak an additional 5-10hp out of the crz with a tune, maybe more if youve got bolt ons and run higher octane.

#18 ·
Almost tempting just to get rid of the rev hang when shifting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#21 ·
hi guys got a noob question for you experts out there!

if i get this isit plug and play? and also if i just plug it in will i get any improvements without doing anything.

or does it actually require modifying?

just wanted to know as my crz is still stock so could i just plug it in and drive?

thanks!

#22 ·
To expand on Jpraj's question, could a tech-oriented detail-oriented IT guy/programmer likely learn to tweak the car w/out destroying it, or is it advised to let a tuning shop tweak things? (For intake/exaust/93 octane)
And are the programs (maps?) sharable? So if someone has the same bolt-ons and comes up w/ a good tune, can they post it for the community?

-maybe it's time to download the manual :)

#23 ·
10 whp on a stock CR-Z.....not bad, I wonder how much more with a quality intake (K&N), 93 octane (I only run premium anyways) and some exhaust work (no muffler and removed 2nd cat) Also, would mileage be affected at all?

#24 ·
With the lights mods (e.g. hks rsk, p2r downpipe, full cat-back) I can see it easily reaching 140+bhp, as without tune I'm pushing 128.
It can be "plug & played", but with a custom map is more recommended for best gains.
It's coming out on christmas j_praj so keep an eye on it! I'll definitely be buying this. If you need a good rep garage nearby I recommend tdi south in essex.

#26 ·
A push button IMA trigger would be perfect!!!!! I dont know if its along the same line, but would you be able to adjust how much the battery assists and dont assist with this?

Or even a button to initiate the battery to charge if its low and your at a light or in between autocross runs instead sitting there with your foot on gas revving to 3k rpms?

#27 ·
Read their site a bit for a lot of the answers.

- Rev and launch limiter control
- VTEC engage control (you tune window and manifold pres)
- VTC (cam advance) control
- Fuel ignition and idle control

this probably won't effect the IMA there is another controller for that I believe.

I'm going to sleep from now till December so I can order this.

#33 ·
Does vtec even make a worthwhile difference for our cars? And, we don't have cam angles and all that other stuff either, do we?
VTEC does make a difference in our cars, you can feel it when moving throught the RPM range. The major difference is opening more values at higher RPMs but it also widens duration. And when you only have 1.5L, every little bit counts.

And the CR-Z has an SOHC i-VTEC valve train. The i part (for Intelligent) means variable camshaft phasing (angles) in addition to the secondary lobes on the camshaft.

*edit* I checked the Service Manual and in fact, the i-VTEC isn't really that intelligent on the CR-Z. The cam phasing is not varaiable like on the K-series models. This makes sense given that nature of the SOHC design. In addition, the general valve train mechanism is seems to be simpler than the DOHC VTEC designs of the B18 having rocker arms that are alway engaged with the valves. Hence, both intake valves are always opening but they have different durations and lifts (and the primary has higher lift) in low VTEC but locked together (both have high lift) in high VTEC. All this makes for a simpler design (the K-series is very complex to tune) but provides less tuning flexibility.

There's lots of stuff to tweek!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.