OEM Foglight install on base model - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

OEM Foglight install on base model

Has anyone done a DIY on installing the fog lights on a base model or have experience with it? Thinking about picking them up but I want to do it myself - hoping I can get it done in a weekend at the most. Any wisdom is more than welcome! Yes I have seen the install guide on CHH, so I understand the steps required.

Edit: 2014 Base model 6spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 10:52 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikjhockey View Post
Has anyone done a DIY on installing the fog lights on a base model or have experience with it? Thinking about picking them up but I want to do it myself - hoping I can get it done in a weekend at the most. Any wisdom is more than welcome! Yes I have seen the install guide on CHH, so I understand the steps required.

I've done it 4 times so far... it is pretty straight forward... just take your time and be patient
I always start w/ the bumper wiring... I keep the battery connected till the bumper comes off (getting the screws in the wheel wells sometimes requires the tires to be rotated to the sides).... but once you get to the grounding part, disconnect the negative cable...
Also, make sure the steering wheel is rotated to the point where you can use the screw driver to change the switch handle thingy.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pongoro87 View Post
I've done it 4 times so far... it is pretty straight forward... just take your time and be patient
I always start w/ the bumper wiring... I keep the battery connected till the bumper comes off (getting the screws in the wheel wells sometimes requires the tires to be rotated to the sides).... but once you get to the grounding part, disconnect the negative cable...
Also, make sure the steering wheel is rotated to the point where you can use the screw driver to change the switch handle thingy.
How long did it take? And did you just follow the install instructions? I don't suspect having much trouble if I go for it, and thank you for the response! But why have you needed to do it 4 times?!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
How long did it take? And did you just follow the install instructions? I don't suspect having much trouble if I go for it, and thank you for the response! But why have you needed to do it 4 times?!
it usually takes me around 50 minutes w/ mini breaks now...
the first time it took me around an hour and a half following the instructions... but now I do it by memory.
I've done it 4 times so far.. 'cause I kept selling them, and getting new ones lol
I am about to do it again 'cause I am selling my LED lenses... but this time I just have to remove the bumper.
erikjhockey likes this.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks pongo
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Thanks pongo
no problem !
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Elite Member

I forgot to add.... when you are in the process of removing the steering wheel covers... remove the top piece, AND... only loosen up the lower screws... you don't have to remove it... just push it down a bit to swap the switch handle thingy.... the reason I say this is 'cause it is a pain in the butt to put that lower piece back (aligning the lower screws)
litz and Spdbump like this.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:36 PM

did I see somewhere that you mentioned the bumper must come off first?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:56 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
did I see somewhere that you mentioned the bumper must come off first?
I start with the bumper first, and leave the interior wiring for the end... it is up to the installer, though
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:

How much did you find your fog lights for?
I have a 2016 and ebay selling them for $380. I dont know if im willing to spend that much for fog lights.
I wish china hurry up and make some copies like they do for all the other cars. 2016 civic fog lights are $400 and china ones go for $100. Now that is a better deal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode