DIY:[Solution] Vsa and Abs Lights after dead Battery - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
DIY:[Solution] Vsa and Abs Lights after dead Battery

Hello.

I had this problem and on this forum I couldn't find solution. This is a solution for the future to others members. After discharging the battery stops working ABS and VSA. With this guide, we can save time and money. It's a easy fix.

Source:
Error Code 84 - VSA sensor neutral position memorization - Acura TSX Forum

1) Jump pins 4 and 9.
2) Press and hold the brake pedal and switch on the ignition.
3) Wait for the ABS light to turn off and then remove your foot from the brake pedal.
4) Wait for the ABS light to turn on, then press and hold the brake pedal again.
5) ABS light should turn off, then remove your foot from the brake pedal.
6) Wait for two flashes of ABS light. If it flashes it means that errors are erased. If not - start from step 2.
7) Switch ignition off.
8) Turn the ignition on, after ABS light turns off, quickly press the "VSA off" button.
9) After ABS light turns on again, quickly press the "VSA off" button.
10) Now shoud be a lot of different blinks and fashes and all lights ABS, VSA and triangle should turn off. The problem's solved.

You have to be accurate about 0,5 second. If it not worked start again.

If any question or help needed -> PM or write here.

Best regards!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OBD-II.png
Views:	180
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	35201  
Defiant likes this.

CR-Z ZF1 // Remus center exhaust + rear diffuser // Takeda Intake // LED High Beam // Led interior light // Mugen Shift knob // ... coming soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 04:25 PM
Elite Member

Thanks a LOT! I don't think I would have figured this out on my own.

(and what the bleep!? is this some sort of scam to earn Honda $1000 from everyone who gets a dead battery and isn't geeky enough to search for things online first?)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes, it's sad but I heard about replacing sensors or ABS computers. All this is a problem with position sensor of wheel which after discharge battery requires calibration. That's all.

CR-Z ZF1 // Remus center exhaust + rear diffuser // Takeda Intake // LED High Beam // Led interior light // Mugen Shift knob // ... coming soon

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 10:31 AM

Hi...i am a new user here. I think no need to run the wire to the door bolt, just keep everything as in in 4-9 short circuit.I did this successfully and all the bloody yellow lights are off for tonight and ABS works. We'll see how they come back later. The only other thing is after you go through the steps and get down to the "have a beer" step, not to forget to pull the pin out of the connector prior to switching the car on again otherwise the yellow lights WILL go back on again and you'll have to repeat the 2nd part of this.
litz likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
This pins jump is a enter to "service mode" there are no need to run the wire to the door bolt - I've put it as a source. In my instruction there are nothing about wire to door bolt.

11) take pin out from ODB port
12) turn on engine

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 05:08 AM

Garage
Where is the ODB port located.??

BLF CAI
BLF CatBack Exhaust
Seibon C.F. Rear Spoiler
T1R Basics Coilovers
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice View Post
Where is the ODB port located.??
Above your Knee on the right hand side when seated in the driver's seat. It is the diagnostic port for the Car. This has been covered in a few threads some even with pictures.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:14 AM

Garage
Ok, know where it is now, but don't know how to remove the lower dash cowling, to access it. Searched for 2 hours, but came up with nadda!!!

BLF CAI
BLF CatBack Exhaust
Seibon C.F. Rear Spoiler
T1R Basics Coilovers
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
I can access mine without removing anything. It is designed that way so when the car is serviced or inspected the port is available. If you are having this much trouble maybe you should not be working on your car?
Really???? That answers my question Purrfectly!!! Thank you so much fur your guidance!! I've done the CAI, CAT back exhaust, and installed me carbon fiber rear spoiler. Likely, I was yanking engines and rebuilding cars before you were ever born, so again, thank you so much fur your insightful help!!!

If it was right there, and could be easily accessed, I wouldn't have to ask, but since I have a 2011, and it is hidden behind the lower dash cowling, thought the friendly people here would be more than glad to help out. Guess I was wrong.

Your comment was totally appreciated (NOT!!) and very helpful (AGAIN NOT!!!) If I need help I the future, I know exactly where NOT to look fur it. Thank you so much fur your help and support!!! (NOT)

BLF CAI
BLF CatBack Exhaust
Seibon C.F. Rear Spoiler
T1R Basics Coilovers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode