DIY - How to remove interior light covers and license plate lights (Bulb Replacement) - Page 2 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Got the LED's yesterday and swapped them for the licence plate. Went with 5-LED bulbs.

But they don't work! I tried pulling them and turning the bulbs around but still nothing......
Haven't actually swapped mine yet.. have the LED's.. just need to find time to do it.

Have you got any others that you can test with to see if they work? Or maybe plug the ones you got in the door lights, since they are readily accessible... just to test them? You might of got some bad ones...

Silver EX 6 Speed Navi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Elite Member

Garage
Yea, I took my LED's out from my Z when I traded it in. Left the Z with no plate bulbs. So technically speaking that was the first mod to the CRZ. Those LED things were expensive man!
post #13 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 10:20 PM

hey guys i dont wanna just jump in and be correcting md but for the back light u dont need to take the whole light out u can take off the cover and pull the bulb out.
post #14 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 PM

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to azguy6
Just got the dome LED's today. Here is a comparison:

and here it is with both in:

Now I am just waiting for the set of other bulbs to come in to swap out the rest. Took about 3 minutes to change them... hardest part was getting the tape off the bag the new bulbs came in.
post #15 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy6 View Post
Just got the dome LED's today. Here is a comparison:

and here it is with both in:

Now I am just waiting for the set of other bulbs to come in to swap out the rest. Took about 3 minutes to change them... hardest part was getting the tape off the bag the new bulbs came in.
Looks good! Did you use the festoon based LEDs? Which ones? Got a link?

Silver EX 6 Speed Navi

post #16 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 06:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRaZee View Post
Looks good! Did you use the festoon based LEDs? Which ones? Got a link?
I ordered these ones off ebay... 7.99 for the dome LED. Ill have to find the link. Borcth set me in the right direction. I also ordered a set of bulbs for the other lights for $7 something for ten bulbs.

I figured a light bulb is a light bulb..so that's why I got them from ebay..
post #17 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Elite Member

so to do this , I will need 32mm "2" of Festoon bulbs and "6" of T10 Bulbs. correct? I will be ordering them from dealextreme.com
post #18 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 12:41 AM

Garage
I replaced the rest of my lights today... managed to break one of the clips off of the license plate light though ... it still attaches on, but I will replace it when I take it into the dealer for an oil change. Makes a big difference in the dark -- looks way nicer with the white lights
post #19 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 04:05 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkqkqkfk View Post
so to do this , I will need 32mm "2" of Festoon bulbs and "6" of T10 Bulbs. correct? I will be ordering them from dealextreme.com
Yep! Just remember when putting in the festoon bulbs; they do have a neg/positive side. If it doesnt work one way, just turn it around. But Make sure the leds are always point down onto you. You should be good to go!

These are the ones I have. They come in a pair. They work great. I chose them because I liked the fact they were in cased in a housing. Unlike the other types which are open and exposed to the elements.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/32mm-...ht_3226wt_1165

If you want another style or more fancy. Here's a link to many different types.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

As far as the T10 bulbs, yes 6 is all you need. But I tend to get a bit more for extra. Just in case you get one that's a dud. It does happen somtimes. I think a member one here already experienced some that didnt work no matter what way he put them in. I got a pack of 10 on ebay for a few bucks. They work great too. Better to be safe then sorry. Good luck!

2011 Honda CR-Z EX CBP 6MT
post #20 of 190 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 11:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by borcth View Post
I chose them because I liked the fact they were in cased in a housing. Unlike the other types which are open and exposed to the elements.
32mm Festoon White 2-LED light bulb 3175 Dome Gauge Map - eBay (item 110555887572 end time Dec-02-10 19:15:36 PST)
I like this fact too about the bulbs I got

Quote:
Originally Posted by borcth View Post
As far as the T10 bulbs, yes 6 is all you need. But I tend to get a bit more for extra. Just in case you get one that's a dud. It does happen somtimes. I think a member one here already experienced some that didnt work no matter what way he put them in. I got a pack of 10 on ebay for a few bucks. They work great too. Better to be safe then sorry. Good luck!
I ordered a set of 10 as well and had a dud in my set, so definitely get a few extra.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode