DIY - How to remove interior light covers and license plate lights (Bulb Replacement) - Page 19 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 190 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 05:13 PM

Anyone ever have any issues with the LED panel replacements not lighting up? The only 2 that aren't installed are the door lights. I think maybe the 194 bulb adapters are faulty. I've tried flipping the contact wires on the socket base and nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 190 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
Anyone ever have any issues with the LED panel replacements not lighting up? The only 2 that aren't installed are the door lights. I think maybe the 194 bulb adapters are faulty. I've tried flipping the contact wires on the socket base and nothing.
Assuming you tried other bulbs? I have seen some bad bulbs from some suppliers. Use a multimeter to check the current in the sockets? Try applying juice to the bulbs directly to test them?

Silver EX 6 Speed Navi

post #183 of 190 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRaZee View Post
Assuming you tried other bulbs? I have seen some bad bulbs from some suppliers. Use a multimeter to check the current in the sockets? Try applying juice to the bulbs directly to test them?
Yep. Tried another bulb to. I will fiddle with it again after work

post #184 of 190 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 11:30 PM

Replaced my dome, door, cargo and LP lights with $15 set of T10 blue LEDs from Amazon.
Looks very cool. Great guide on cover removal, only difference was my '13 dome lights were same as others not the long ones with square led panel, though my set came with 3 of them, don't need em.

http://amzn.com/B005RGNW70

The OEM bulb pulls 0.22A.
The LEDs I DID use are 5-LED T10 type bulbs. Blue LEDs not yet measured, but some white LED bulbs the Amazon dealer sent to me (since I was short to replace all locations), come in at 36mA.
I think brightness speaks for itself. Not insanely bright, but definitely not dim.
The LEDs I DID NOT use (festoons with 8 LED on each bulb...dome lights???) are pulling 0.04A.

License Plate Comparison

Cargo LED comparison

Blue Cabin and Door LED's
post #185 of 190 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 10:15 PM
CRZ-FORUM HATER

Like the above post states, the 13+ model uses a 194 bulb for the map light. It cannot be oversized, must be the same length as the oem bulb or it will hit the cover.

However the hatch, rear cargo lights, doors, and backup lights all can accept oversize bulbs, there is plenty of extra room.

4th Annual CR-Z Dragon Meet

"My rear ending experience has been pretty pleasant"-Hondaholly
post #186 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 02:16 PM

So if i buy that Amazon kit for my 2016 will it fit?
post #187 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 02:26 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
The interior light setup should be the same. I think the only model changes so far have been plastics- front bumper/grille (and fog lights), diffuser, and now the console.

If anyone knows I'm wrong, I'll edit out this post.

I cut down an LED "panel" to use for a cargo light, I think 48 surface mounts or something. When I open the hatch at night, it lights up my whole front yard.
post #188 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 09:25 AM

So in BadEx's post he said he needed some extra and also the dome light, so will that kit come with all the lights I need or do I need to seek out some extra ones? And in regards to the LED Panel, how exactly did you do that? I'd be interested to add it myself.
post #189 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Red&Black <3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzee View Post
Like the above post states, the 13+ model uses a 194 bulb for the map light. It cannot be oversized, must be the same length as the oem bulb or it will hit the cover.

However the hatch, rear cargo lights, doors, and backup lights all can accept oversize bulbs, there is plenty of extra room.

You're so smart

2011 EX CVT
~~~~~~~~~~
post #190 of 190 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 02:47 AM

I have a 2014 model, and with a little help from this guide, and 10 minutes, I replaced all the interior lights with blue leds. It looks awesome to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160607_230436_1465368372864.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	31337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160607_230449_1465368403882.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	31345  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode