Auto off beyond 30 KM H ? - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ITEM9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Auto off beyond 30 KM H ?

Hi
I'm wondering and kind of hoping that there might be a way to increase the speed for the auto off to kick in , lets say somewhere in between 50 and 60 KM H?
I find that 30 KM H is kind of low for the way I like to drive and I'm sure I would see some better fuel results by a slight tweak.
Thank you

"Mexican Overdrive"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 10:09 AM

Garage
What's an auto off?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Deputy Forum Librarian

Garage
I think he means Auto Stop.

I don't think there's a way to adjust that.

For your FAQ's - ABC's for the CR-Z
supercrz's experience with the CR-Z
Add me on Facebook: TJ supercrz; Follow me on Instagram: supercrz
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 01:40 PM

Garage
The main benefit from auto-stop comes from turning the engine off when deceleration fuel cut-off (DFCO) stops working. If you're coasting at speed in your highest gear or gear imitation, your engine will not be pumping fuel - DFCO. If you put it in neutral, your car will idle (and pump fuel). You can finally put it in neutral and turn the car to accessory, which is very similar to auto-stop. I don't recommend the last one though.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 10:55 AM

Ya I am used to putting it in neutral from 35mph but since auto off doesnt engage till 17mph I have been downshifting to 4th.

2011 CR-Z EX 6MT CBP
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Super Duper Member

You also won't be regenerating as much if you cut off the engine at a higher speed.

There is probably a way to do it, but I wouldn't do it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 05:01 AM
CORRUPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Why do so many of you on this forum want to reengineer the vehicle? The professional engineers who designed our cars made the compromises they did for reasons that may not be obvious to us.

If you all are so smart go design your own vehicle get it certified all over the world and sell it and become a millionaire. Think Bricklin, Delorean, Tesla, Shelby etc.
Flawed on so many levels.

First, engineers don't make all the decisions. If they did, whatever they made would be too expensive every time. Upper management, marketing, government regulations, etc. all have input that engineers have to work with.

Second, compromises are made to best fit most consumers. I make my own "compromises" to best fit me. For example, I sacrificed economy for performance. I'm pretty happy with the results and would never go back.

Third, there's nothing wrong with a little experimentation. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss. That's how we learn.

Fourth, no need to design a whole entire car just to implement a few features, when there is already a car that's 98% of what you want. That's actually the opposite of smart.

With that said, what the OP asks is pretty much impossible until we get the right people in our community. You need to be able to hack into the IMA ECU or perhaps be able to have a "piggyback" module modify data on the IMA CANBUS to trick the car into auto stopping sooner. This person that makes this happen would be doing this out of the kindness in their heart, because hardly anyone will pay enough money to make this effort worthwhile...

I suspect the main reason the autostop is set at the speed it's at is because they want you to regenerate, as Koala has stated.

While the merits of modifying the autostop speed are debatable, there are quite a few other reasons to hack into the IMA ECU. Final gear ratio changes and increasing rev limits have some minor issues with the IMA that could be fixed with some simple software tweeks. IMA assist drops off after 6500 RPM. IMA quits working altogether after 7200 RPM. Final gear changes screw with regeneration. All can be worked with as is, but it would be nice to have to the ability to make those changes...
Jwarian likes this.

2011 Honda CR-Z 6MT PWP EX NAV - JR Rotrex Supercharged
Build Thread /// YouTube Channel /// PARTS FOR SALE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode