Ktuner: Possible ecu solution for '13+? Anyone near Phoenix? - Page 11 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 02:24 PM
hdv

Spdbump,

I'll be picking one up in a couple weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Super Duper Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdv View Post
Spdbump,

I'll be picking one up in a couple weeks
This car is not a sports car and is not the highest MPG car on the planet it is a compromise between the two. It is a sporty, less than $20 K base price car that gets reasonable gas mileage. It is the only hybrid with a manual transmission. It truly is unique but it is also a niche vehicle.

Read all the information on this forum before you buy.

There are a few that have bought them and quickly sold them when they found out they could not add more HP and one sold his due to not enough HP and it had auto stop. Know what it is and what it is not. TEST DRIVE IT!

If you get a 2016 you will be on the cutting edge and many things may or may not work. If you get used(2011 to 2015) many are on stop sale due to the Airbag recall.

Sorry if I just rained on your parade but I am just tired of people that pop in here with odd ideas ( dual engine, engine swap, HP adders and other weirdness) and then they sell them or waste our time with just down right juvenile ideas and questions. We here are all owners (for the most part) and we like the uniqueness of the CR-Z. This forum is nicer than most and we all like to help other enthusiastic owners. We like how nice everyone is here and do not want to lose that part of our community due to these intruders.

With all that being said if you do get one come on back and introduce yourself and your adopted CR-Z and let us know what you have in mind. We like pictures too.
post #103 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 03:25 PM
hdv

Appreciate you looking out Spdbump, that's a nice change from all the **** talking on BMW forums lol.

I'm a Honda Tech, and I've been lurking on here since about November--when we first received our 2016 model. I've taken it home and I really enjoy it. You really get A LOT of car for what you pay for a 2016 (HID's, electric parking brake, cameras everywhere, bluetooth, etc..) So it's safe to say I know these cars pretty well in and out.

My supercharged Mercedes and BMW have gotten me in enough trouble, so a slow car that's great on gas (compared to the my cars mentioned above), cheap to run, and fun as hell to drive is exactly what i am looking for. Which is exactly what the CR-Z is.

Not really looking for big HP or making the CR-Z fast, more interested in learning how to tune and play around with different things. Honda's are pretty easy, so it will be a great platform to start off with.
post #104 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdv View Post
what about 2016 models?

no mechanical changes (powertrain wise) from 2015 models so would this work in theory for the 2016 models?

has anyone been able to tune the hybrid system to give more power and/or give the power for longer than just 5 seconds or whatever the S button will do?
I have been researching this as I will be picking up my 3rd CR-Z soon and it will be a 2016. At this time it does not work on a 2016. I am sure that KTuner would be more then willing to work with you like they did the others to unlock it though. The first thing I plan on doing when I get my 2016 is to contact them to work though unlocking the ECU.
post #105 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 01:17 PM

ktuner will support every honda vehicle, its just a matter of time. Just had mine tuned this past weekend with a 31whp gain. Innovate motorsports in Carlisle PA has the hookup. 193 to the wheels now (hpd sc, jr down pipe, hpd exhaust, k&n filter, Ktuner user end)
post #106 of 110 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 01:51 AM
Ken

Any updates here? I have a '16 CR-Z 6MT on the way, should arrive next week. I'd love to reflash the ECU and supercharge it. The Flashpro was the best money I ever spent on my S2000.
post #107 of 110 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 09:32 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Any updates here? I have a '16 CR-Z 6MT on the way, should arrive next week. I'd love to reflash the ECU and supercharge it. The Flashpro was the best money I ever spent on my S2000.

Doesn't Honda offer the HPD supercharger anymore and is the 16 model year supported? Just something else to consider.
post #108 of 110 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Quote:

Doesn't Honda offer the HPD supercharger anymore and is the 16 model year supported? Just something else to consider.
Honda still offers the HPD Supercharger. 2011 - 2014 models confirmed. 2015 not yet confirmed but will work. No information about 2016 models.
Spdbump likes this.
post #109 of 110 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
I am working on getting a unit to unlock the 2016s, hoping to be done by end of month.
post #110 of 110 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 12:31 AM
Ken

Thanks Eagle! I appreciate it.

2013 Honda Accord
2006 Honda S2000
2016 Honda CR-Z EX-L 6MT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode