KMT's slow go build - Page 9 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
KMT

Garage
Heko visors arrived today I'll hook them up before the weekend. I'll post up some photos next time of the engine bay too.

2010 ZF1 Mugen RR Sprintex Supercharged // 173HP 220NM
My build thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:45 PM
@ the speed of white

Garage
Hope you have a nice warm garage to assist the stickum. I did mine in the Spring and left the windows up for close to a week to make sure the 3m tape caught a good seal.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #83 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
Hope you have a nice warm garage to assist the stickum. I did mine in the Spring and left the windows up for close to a week to make sure the 3m tape caught a good seal.
Heat gun helps too
post #84 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
KMT

Garage
Quote:
I don't have a garage now, but I'll leave the windows up till spring
litz likes this.

My build thread
post #85 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
KMT

Garage
Small update:
I nearly finished the work on the engine bay I wraped the covers I made before with the same black leather, I used for the interior. Also added the dressup bolts, the oil cap, the reservoir cover and the radiator hoses.

Also installed the Heko window visors
Spdbump likes this.

My build thread
post #86 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 09:59 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Small update:
I nearly finished the work on the engine bay I wraped the covers I made before with the same black leather, I used for the interior. Also added the dressup bolts, the oil cap, the reservoir cover and the radiator hoses.

Also installed the Heko window visors
Leather under the hood will dry out fairly quickly and may be a fire hazard due to the under hood temperatures IMHO but it looks good
post #87 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
KMT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
Leather under the hood will dry out fairly quickly and may be a fire hazard due to the under hood temperatures IMHO but it looks good
I'm only worried about the durability of the leather, but I gave that a try. I'll check it often I did a long trip yesterday and it seems everything is still in the same condition. I hope it will be sustained

My build thread
post #88 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 10:50 AM
@ the speed of white

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
I'm only worried about the durability of the leather, but I gave that a try. I'll check it often I did a long trip yesterday and it seems everything is still in the same condition. I hope it will be sustained
Nice job on the engine bay--I bought some dress-up bolts too, and found they make a nice touch. I wonder if you just treat the leather covers with a product that you spray on boots/shoes--I've sprayed mine (boots) with some stuff to keep the winter snow/salt residue from eating away at the leather--works great, but I can't think of the product's name. And those Heko visors--great to have to keep the water from coming in and dripping on your arm rests, plus, they look sleek!

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #89 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 10:58 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Nice job on the engine bay--I bought some dress-up bolts too, and found they make a nice touch. I wonder if you just treat the leather covers with a product that you spray on boots/shoes--I've sprayed mine (boots) with some stuff to keep the winter snow/salt residue from eating away at the leather--works great, but I can't think of the product's name. And those Heko visors--great to have to keep the water from coming in and dripping on your arm rests, plus, they look sleek!
Scotchguard for leather, Neverwet for fabric or Mink oil might protect it and keep it looking nice.

I love those Heko visors, they are on the wish list for The Speed Bump.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode