Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Jörgen Börg Build Thread

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Flyingraptor 
#1 ·
heya,
Here are a few pictures of my white cr-z GT Euromodel.
Although it try to stick to limit tuning, i never had a car without mods.

this one i bought second hand with 20K miles on it.
mods from fromer owner(i know about):
  • lowering springs KW
  • red emblems

mods i did until now:
  • K&N filter (looking for a complete airintake)
  • trunkbottomplate is changed(see how to subforum)
  • yellow brakingpads(just painted for nice view, need no more brakingpower right now)

for now i dont see much other mods i would need.
i dont need a loud exhaust since it's not a genuine racecar, and i work at various shifts, so i dont want to make trouble in the neighbourhood. bigger rims are nice, but in most ways they will make the car slower.(remembering the time when i put 18's on my 16' civic.) maybe a better intake i go for.

i really know why i took especially THIS crz.
  • It's white and looks classy/sporty
  • it came with a white leather interior *habba habba*
  • it was almost full option (no gps)
  • LOVE the sunroof
  • it had a nice stance (didnt know it was lowered at that time)
  • like the plastic front and rearlips that have a carbonish look.

thx for watching.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, love that sunroof too, but I just noticed a little thing that your car has (or doesn't have,) compared to the US market. The sun visor on the driver's side has a wide, thin strap--where ours have a yellow/black warning sticker. [My old Insight has the same type of holder on the visor, and I've been missing that one little thing--to slip a grocery list or a reminder in in there, just to remind me of what I have to pick up before going home from work.]

Glad to see you've started a build Jörgen, and hope the CRZ takes care of you as well as you've taken care of it.:thumbsup:

#4 ·
-where ours have a yellow/black warning sticker.
yeah, luckily in europe "warning stickers" are not that highly rated as in america.
i will never forget when i saw an american microwave manual where it actually says:
"DO NOT put your cat or dog in the microwave to dry it!":blink:

what does your warning label on driverside say?

#5 ·
Nice, another fellow Belgian! :cool: :thumbsup:

Cool to see that there are other country members fan of the CR-Z! I've only seen one other Belgian CR-Z 'in the wild' so far, besides 3 which I saw at the Race Wars meeting at Zolder race circuit in May.

Yours looks really nice, by the way!
I really like my black CR-Z, but when I see pictures of the white or colored models, they really seem to 'pop out' more.

#6 ·
heya neighbour. same as you said there. only one other white one i have seen cruising around down here. we weaved simultaniously because it was a special moment haha.

the only others i have seen are on sale site when you are specificly search for them.(like when i was searching for this one).

our car is getting pretty special in belgium and surrounding since they probably will not be inported here anymore. you can't buy any if you check belgian honda site.

#9 ·
What's your next step for the car? :p
probably new intake. for the rest i still dont know. since i love how it looks i wouldt modify the body too much. also because of the value i keep it pretty much in standard shape. maybe some lighweight rims if i find any at good price.

I'll trade American warning stickers for European sunroof. Interested?:rotfl:!
sure... you are hanging around the unicorns too much :tong:
why dont you saw a hole in the top and use an umbrella when it rains haha.

#10 ·
I have the BLF air intake kit on my Z. After reading on the forum, it seemed like the best kit around for our car, but BLF being a USA-based producer makes it a bit harder to get it at a nice price (because of high postage rates...). Luckily I found a Dutch forum member (Nightwish) who had one laying around after he had installed it, but removed it again after he got a supercharger on his Z.

But I think the K&N, AEM or Injen intakes should be easy to find around here.

#11 ·
today the K&N arrived.
is indeed very simple to install. if it would be a new install it would probably take 30minutes. now it took only 15 since it's a second hand one from aceryl.

i do like the "slurpsluurrrp...vvvrrroooaaAAAAA...:vtec: " in sports mode. also very handy when you drive in eco and the sound is almost totally gone. makes it great when you drive on the highway or in small little streets with appartments on both sides.

photos arent really necesary because every forum member knows how a k&n typhoon on a white crz looks like.

there will not be an exhaust endpipe since the noise would be too much for my living area.maybe a cat delete in the future, but then i need to replace it every year for legal checkup. and i hate that.

i guess, for now, engine is done. now i can get more attention to the exterior look.

i would like to drop that fin, but then we have a hole there. and i dont want to put too much work in one little detail since i want the radio to work as good as possible. putting an other antenna is no option for me. its blank or a fin.

#12 ·
so here are the pictures i made of the wheel mod.
after seen them in white and black on the forums, i decided to go my own way :). and i like the result.

so standard rims are rubbercoated (because i saw some corrosion on them :ionono: )
-first 3 black rubbercoats(foliatec black (like plastidip))
-2 colorcoats of metalgold (got too bright for me)
-a test with normal black paint on top over the rubbercoats, sprayed for far away as smoke above it do darken the bright yellow gold a little.

because i dont like half work, i removed the wheels, and also sprayed the inside, so it is not only the star that is gold. btw, the honda rims are a pain in the a.. to spray between the star and the border. you will not find many rims where the dubble border runs after the star as a gutter. hard to clean and even harder to spray!

this is how it came out today after 2 days :

so altough it might not be the same as an actual gold rim bought in stores, it got pretty close to it for me. happy with the result.
i know it will peel off easy if i want to, because i redid one wheel that had a scratch because of mounting it pretty roughly.

i wouldnt say there will never come onther rims on the car, but for now the house comes first.

greetings

#13 ·
now that i have some leftover black dip i also srayed the "so called" center exhaust. i hate that honda puts a fake plastic plate on it.

here it it plastidipped. you can simply remove the centerplate that it attached with 6-8 clip on the black part.(if you have small hands like my, its easy without removing the bumper)

after this i might do the eyelinermod for the back lights too, since i have no other use for my dip.

#19 ·
btw, that sunroof is very nice is average climate countrys, but in any hotter country it would probably be a hell. i've noticed this is the hottest car i have ever driven(no, not with the heater on!) even littlebit sunshine makes the car hot. and with a rear window that is almost flat, that is a lot of glas. but most of the days in belgium, its nice to have it. only in the summer i have to close it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.