Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

J's Build

22K views 62 replies 15 participants last post by  Spdbump 
#1 ·
Mr.DownGradeR's Build

I purchased my MY11' CR-Z EX premium white pearl on May 15th, 2014.

Few days after the purchase, I was at a red light with a FR-S. That's right...:glare:
He took off as soon as the light turned green, I swear he redlined first (my old S2k would've ate him). I also own a modded 700hp R35 GTR, I normally disappear on them off the line; now I'm pissed.
My original plan was to DD the CRZ, mod it when the engine/electric motor/battery gives a problem then K20 swap; WW/event the Godzilla (got tickets for NO reason or reasons they CANNOT proof in court). Now that everyone's cutting me left and right when I'm driving the CRZ daily, I want my DD to be quick and stunning!

I'M STARTING MY BUILD!
Installed
-FIRST MOD, My J's racing titanium blue shift knob from my old S2K.:wub:
-KW V1 coilovers (FS, looking for something stiffer)
-7+2 interior/plate LED kit
-Cut rear bumper
-Rolled fenders
-LLumar Formula One tints
-WeatherTechs

Sitting in storage
-short quick release
-2010 Si ECU (RRB-A14)
-Y2M3 K20 Type R LSD tranny
-FD2 Brembos with pads (waiting on rotors to install them)
-DC5-R Brembos
-RECARO passenger side rails
-RECARO seats. Black suede with red stitching
-RECARO rails and Basis brackets
-BRIDE BRIX II RED (FS)
-Winter wheels (CE28 reps 17x7.5+42)

Trying to decide on/Ordering
-Ordered/deposit on Regamasters 17x8+35 (should arrive around Christmas)
-Nankang NS2R (want to try them because some X-racers said they're better than R888s)
-OMP Corsica wheel
-Hub adapter
-Mugen RR front and side skirt/AMS Terra rear/Noblesse wing
-Looking for a AMS Terra JDM rear brake light that fits the triangle
-K24A2
-Custom 3" exhaust
-Hasport K24 mounts for CRZ
-flashpro and dyno tune
-Struts and etc will come in later, dont need much handling for now, not tracking her yet

-Possible SC/Turbo if it even fits. Have to find someone to custom fab the pipings if there's enough space under the hood. wheel spin til 4th gear! :thumbsup::rotfl:

Will update build thread as it goes on.

-J

PS: Sponsors WELCOMED :wavey:

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys!

Ya, I'm in contact with them as well but I'm having problems with shipping. It costs more to ship here than the kit itself. Another seller's shipping them to me straight from China. We'll see what happens; I have a friend in the Philippines hunting for me. Hope he find me a nice set and cheap shipping.

#13 ·
OH DAMN!!! Can I fit a Mugen RR front bumper and bolt that on?!

Any rear shots?? I want to see if I can fit the AMS Terra rear diffuser

#15 ·
Thanks! Just checked it out, seems like it would work with the kit. Already msged them on FB. :thumbsup:

#16 ·
End of the month update!! Whats new??

-Project Kics R40s black received. Thanks Chris!
-Project Kics R40s Neo Chrome with lock received! (Yes, I bought 2 sets...)
-KW V1 coilovers arrived! TY KW automotive North America, Inc.
-XXR 527 17x9.75+25 x4 215/40 rubber (switching to TE37s after body kit arrives)
-Rolling fenders
-Formula One LLumar tints installing on the 13th of June

All the above has arrived but cant be installed until day off on Fri the 6th. :(

SO EXCITED!!

Test fitted some RPF1s
17x8+45 in the front
17x9+45 in the rear

#19 ·
Wowzers, Mr.DGR, you grab life by the horns!

Reminds me of the build of a neighbour of yours, Rustbucket.
There must be something in the water over there. :rotfl:
Or perhaps, because we live in a country where 6 months hibernation is a necessity, we have a lot of catching up to do come spring.
:hi5:

Looking forward to more reports!

#23 ·
7+2 interior/plate LED kit just arrived
rims and tires going to get installed tomorrow

Pics will be up tomorrow night.

#24 ·
XXR 527 17x9.75+25 215/40/17 tires stock height... hope the fitment gets better with the camber bolt and lowered...:glare:

KW V1 waiting for installation with camber bolt.

#26 ·
rolling them for sure, might even stretch them after the body kit gets here. (havent ordered them yet... waiting on a cheaper shipping method; currenlty $800USD, for us Canadians, it's $900 lol)

Can the fronts be rolled? the fender guy said I can only roll the rears... :/

#31 ·
Finally, the day I've been waiting for!! Waiting for the suspension to settle then adjusting it.

And the home made front mount license plate holder. (got enough materials to make a few extra if anyone's looking for one.):wavey:

#35 ·
Driven which?
Didnt do anything about them yet... have to work :(
HAHAHAHA I did them JUST before you posted!!

PS: GF picked out a color for the rims.... I think you'll love it :thumbsup:

#37 ·
#39 ·
haha, I know you would. No on in the right mind would reject an offer like that; there are plenty that are begging me. lol

Driver front tab came off last night. I'm going to raise it on Monday morning when my camber bolt gets here. This weekend is just to let her settle in her new suspension then adjust it accordingly.

Btw, the TEs that I'm getting are 17x9+22 and 10+20. You think 205 would stretch on those? I kind of want to throw meaty tires on.... Also, what brand is the best for stretching?

#40 ·
My rear TEs are 17x9 22 with 205-40-17. I'm running falken ziex 912 because I've heard cheaper tires stretch better but I don't know how true that is. Haven't had any issues yet though (knock on wood) and my commute is 70 miles one way. That fitment for the x10 is gonna need a lot of work and a 205 on that isn't something I'd recommend. You're gonna have to do fender work anyway so you might as well do enough that you don't have to stretch such a narrow tire. I still want to get another pair of x9 22 so I can be concave all around but I'm trying to cut back and my spending lol. The forum wheel guru Roddy has the most aggressive TEs but his fender work isn't your average cut the bumper tab and roll. I will try to find pictures...

#45 ·
so far, about ~$3500 including labor/services, not including anything I haven't received yet. The car was pretty messed up when I bought her, multiple dents, even on of my lug's thread was ripped.

based on your signature, it looks like you frequently change sell your cars
I do, change up/buy new car every year; I just get bored with things too quick BUT I like how the CRZ looks and sits right now, so we'll see...

I was actually looking into an Evo 8 that's for sale locally, about 3 days ago. lol

#48 ·
Hack job that I did today...

stumbled upon a
Y2M3 Type R tranny
K20Z3 motor with 50k km
probably do the K swap soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.