Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

CA: FS: custom winglets!

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  ubeyo 
#1 ·
wassup guys! so ive been getting creative with trying to make some parts to enjoy my hobbie and just to be different i guess lol. also i felt like the z just needed them on the j's lip. but im open to anything you would want to be made... Also i can pretty much make them if you can draw a rough sketch of them. but if it includes anything other than the oem 11-12 bumper like a lip other than the j's, it would have to be in person.

ANYWAYS! so im just posting this to see if anyone would be interested in me making them a splitter or some winglets. The splitter wont come with the mounting brackets till i make them and figure out a functional set up for them!

for winglets theyll be made out of plexiglass and will run about est $85 (depending on materials) +shipping.
for splitters it all depends on what you want exactly but if interested just lmk.

check it out!

crz j's racing winglets with agressive jaged side accents

ep3 front splitter

also custom made canards are in the making... stay tuned!

See less See more
#3 ·
theyll be coming up soon! but im at san fran navy days atm and wont be back till the 16th lol. just stay tuned guys.

#5 ·
can what exactly? im sure winglets on a lipless bumper would look amazing! ill be making some for that soon if thats what your looking for...

#13 ·
Are these "winglets"?

They are referred to as "Basis side lips", made by Basis who used to be a vendor here and the company is defunct or something now. These are carbon fiber.

I haven't installed them though because I drive my car in the winter and I am worried about hitting a big chunk of snow (left over from the plow or someone's fender - sometimes they are in the middle of the road) and cracking them. Would be nice to instead have a cheaper plexiglass version I didn't have to worry so much about!

How they sit:

#14 ·
Those look awesome! But no those are side lips to extend the bumper like a lip would but winglets would make it look like there's a splitter there for extra styling points without the in needed downforce on our cars. So if you wanted you could install them under those lips. Or under your bumper.

#17 ·
For the 13+ bumper I'll need to meet someone with on to make templates... And I need to see the bottom of them also to figure out proper mounting.

Hell yea Marc! Splitter would be hard to ship but it's up to you... Did you want winglets like mine?

HMU ON INSTAGRAM UF YOU GUYS GOT ONE I REPLY FASTER THWRE SINCE INDONT GET EMAILS FRKM THIS FORUM FOR SONE REASON. IG BELLOW.

#19 ·
Turns out there's no way of possibly making a good looking set of winglets for the 11-12 bumper since its angled and I didn't look into that. But if you got a lip and want that thing you feels missing lmk... Sorry.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.