Honda FIT Megan DOWNPIPE???????? - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Post Honda FIT Megan DOWNPIPE????????

Ive been reading old posts about the p2R Downpipe that is no longer for sale. I found out that it does in fact fit between the crz as well as the Honda Fit. The same piece between both vehicles.

Megan still sells a downpipe for the fit,
https://thmotorsports.com/i-127845.a...ixGBoCUrbw_wcB

So does that mean that this piece should also fit with our cars?!?! I cannot find this answer anywhere... am i gonna have to be the guinea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 04:12 AM

Garage
If the part numbers match both models it should be fine. This may help me find a test pipe out there, lol. I will try and dig around and see if I can't find an answer. You may want to just email the folks at Megan and ask them directly too.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Super Duper Member

A lot of Fit parts fit CR-Zs. Pun intended

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 08:05 AM
@ the speed of white

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushyboy View Post
If the part numbers match both models it should be fine. This may help me find a test pipe out there, lol. I will try and dig around and see if I can't find an answer. You may want to just email the folks at Megan and ask them directly too.
OEM part numbers are different, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be interchangeable, so @sala8904, you're the designated guinea pig!

CR-Z -- 18160-RBJ-A00
Fit ----- 18160-RB1-J00
Spdbump likes this.

2013 Honda CRZ EX PWP w/navi CVT | Litz's 2013 PWP Build Thread | Sprintex | Mugen | BLF | Seibon | Tanabe | Heko | DIY: CVT with 6-Speed shift boot
the speed of sound...the speed of light...the speed of love...the speed of white!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz View Post
OEM part numbers are different, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be interchangeable, so @sala8904, you're the designated guinea pig!

CR-Z -- 18160-RBJ-A00
Fit ----- 18160-RB1-J00
Are the specifications the same? I know when I had a vehicle made by another manufacturer, for different vehicles that were the same under the skin parts would have different part numbers for different vehicles. For example all the Police Impala suspension parts fit my Grand Prix.

In this case because of packaging of the engine in the chassis the down pipes may be different even if the engine etc is the same. Get the specifications and find out or just be the guinea pig! Some Fit parts I know will bolt right up to a CR-Z for example the silly console with a rear cup holder in a car with no back seat ( US model) etc.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

**UPDATE**kinda lol

So i emailed p2r and unfortunately they were not able to verify. I also emailed MEGAN and will most likely be getting a response tomorrow.

I compared the two parts;
CR-Z -- 18160-RBJ-A00
Fit ----- 18160-RB1-J00
through the poem honda diagram and they are literally 99.99% identical. Its crazy.

And here are some pictures of our hem down pipe & the honda fit downpipe from megan!
p2r CRZ DOWNPIPE NEXT TO OEM

HONDA FIT MEGAN DOWNPIPE

I just know I'm going to wanna get more power from my car and the p2r downpipes being no longer available mean this may be out next bet!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

These are the official Honda Diagrams from the fit and CRZ, Notice how the CATS don't change one bit...
I bet you can't even tell which is which lol

I THINK THEY SWAP!!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 08:36 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Are you guys not able to get the Tegiwa? That's what I have installed.

2014 CR-Z GT-T 6MT in Polished Metal, Sprintex supercharger, KTuner, Takeda intake, HKS Silent Hi-Power full exhaust, Tegiwa 2nd decat pipe, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Cusco ARBs, Ronal R53 wheels, Seibon TS hood, JDP Engineering spoiler.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdbump View Post
A lot of Fit parts fit CR-Zs. Pun intended
So does this mean, let's say a turbo manifold designed for a Fit, may also fit a CRZ?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 11:32 AM

Garage
The link for the Megan down pipe is a 06-08 model. I know many people exchanged the 2009 and up air manifolds which were similar. It looks like the parts are similar for the oem parts, but my concern is the fact it says it for an 06-08 model fit. Did they have a 09 and up down pipe?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode