The Sprintex Thread - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1765 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Garage
The Sprintex Thread

I figure we could use a thread dedicated to the newly released Supercharger. If mods don't feel that way, then feel free to delete it.

At a great price. I feel like this will be a popular mod to many people.

The unit itself is very nice. Everything seems to be well made and of nice quality.

After opening up everything and going through the parts I noticed there were wires that need to be soldered into the stock wiring harness and after looking through the instructions it was indeed true. I was a little disappointed with this considering it was advertised as "Plug and Play".

The main reason I was concerned was because the guys over at fit freak had problems with the wiring on their Sprintex units and I didn't want to run into the same issues.

A week after Romiata (Who was very helpful giving me tips on the install) installed his unit, My buddy and I decided to install mine.

The install took about 7 hrs in total. There were some issues that we ran into, but some of those were definitely user error.

One of them was the O-ring used on the elbow that connects to the supercharger. Romiata was the one that experienced this first as he went to connect the elbow with the supplied O-ring it snapped on him. He went to Auto-Zone (I picked mine up at Advance) and ended up finding an O-ring that fit.

The part number on that is 35763. As soon as I started to connect the elbow with the supplied O-ring I could see it was going to snap so I just ended up using this one.

The big time consumers were the wiring and putting on the belt.

The wiring was time consuming only because we were being as careful as we possibly could. Otherwise it was very straight forward. The instructions were very helpful here.

The belt is in a very tight spot and needs to be quite tight so getting it onto the pulleys was a bit of a challenge. But with some maneuvering we were able to get it on.

Started her up and we were good to go. No issues at all.

The instructions were well written and the pictures were very helpful. I'm sure if I had to do the install again I could probably get it done in about 4-5 hrs, but you live and learn.

The only issues that I ran into here is the hood seems to make contact in one spot with the blower. I'm not sure when it makes contact because when I shut the hood it doesn't hit it when closing. I'm wondering if it happens when the car starts up.

Here is where it is hitting:

Both Romiata and I removed the heat shield that is on the underside of the hood. Because the blower obviously makes contact with it. However after removing this, Romiatas supercharger does not make contact with his hood. No clue as why mine hits and his does not.

I'm going to add a few washers so it no longer makes contact.

I've put probably ~500 miles on the car since the install. The car drives exactly like stock, well except the added power and supercharger whine .

You can start hearing the supercharger whine at about 2000 rpm.

Gas mileage has gone down a bit, but it could also be attributed to a heavier foot and the fact that the weather has been fluctuating between 20s-60s since I've installed it.

The car still needs a real tune as well. But the one they have on the piggyback works just fine for now.
Kei_Loper likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1765 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Garage
There is still plenty of mods that can be done to this kit.

Bigger Throttle body, Port the restrictor on the elbow, smaller pulley, meth injection etc. (These are all on my to do list! lol)

I'm going to be adding a boost gauge and starting to tune it in the upcoming weeks.

I have yet to get a chance to play around with the tuning software so that should be fun as well.
post #3 of 1765 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
You might be able to resolve the hood contact issue by adjusting the hood latch. Loosen those 3 bolts and see if you can raise the hood position when it's closed, and then tighten it down again. It doesn't look like you need much distance

The Sprintex Predator - 2012 Honda CR-Z CVT
// BaysonR // Megan // Spoon // Progress // Sprintex // AEM // BLF // Plastidip // GlowShift // iJDMtoy //

Cryo's Build Thread // DIY Grill LED Mod // IG: @cryonic_zf1

post #4 of 1765 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRyoZ View Post
You might be able to resolve the hood contact issue by adjusting the hood latch. Loosen those 3 bolts and see if you can raise the hood position when it's closed, and then tighten it down again. It doesn't look like you need much distance
Hmm.. I'll take a look at that. Thanks.
post #5 of 1765 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Hey D16punk, did you reuse the gasket from the intake manifold?

The Sprintex Predator - 2012 Honda CR-Z CVT
// BaysonR // Megan // Spoon // Progress // Sprintex // AEM // BLF // Plastidip // GlowShift // iJDMtoy //

Cryo's Build Thread // DIY Grill LED Mod // IG: @cryonic_zf1
post #6 of 1765 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Handy-man

Garage
Get some spacers on the hood hinges... it'll give you a really ricey look but it'll work AND be functional.

Old : あゆみ
New : Luna
IG : polymerled
post #7 of 1765 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Super Duper Member

Engine mounts should fix that problem... Not stock ones but the ones we r getting through innovative.. Well then again is that when the engine is rocking around that it hits? Also could you post a shot of the hood spot a lil further back I would like to see where the hump is exactly.

IG:@CREVOZ_X

Car is ....FOR SALE.... text me @ 3054239215
post #8 of 1765 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
If there's any info anyone needs regarding this kit, please let me know. The 5 that currently have purchased this kit are the only 5 installed on the specific CR-Z kit. All the kits you would see in the Malaysian cars were Fit kits that were modified to fit the CR-Z as it was too tall to clear the hood.

We can see that there is an issue with the hood clearance still on these cars, and I have brought it up to my friends at SPRINTEX multiple times, and they are working on the issue.

If anyone also needs any technical support, please feel free to message me.
post #9 of 1765 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberoneoppa View Post
Get some spacers on the hood hinges... it'll give you a really ricey look but it'll work AND be functional.
Yeah, that is part of the reason I didn't want to put the spacers on, but it's probably going to be my only option.
post #10 of 1765 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
To all interested - I still have 4 kits ready to ship!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode