The Sprintex Thread - Page 3 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1716 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Just that one spot?

The Sprintex Predator - 2012 Honda CR-Z CVT
// BaysonR // Megan // Spoon // Progress // Sprintex // AEM // BLF // Plastidip // GlowShift // iJDMtoy //

Cryo's Build Thread // DIY Grill LED Mod // IG: @cryonic_zf1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1716 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRyoZ View Post
Just that one spot?
Yup.
post #23 of 1716 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Sam95605
Looks like you can just cut out a small portion of the underbracing on the hood and it should clear. I dont think that part is up against the outer hood portion. I would just be careful cutting it though. or you could always take a file and maybe file down that portion of the SC but i would at least try cutting the hood first lol.

post #24 of 1716 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
If the Supercharger doesn't get too hot, a small piece of something foamy on the hood might prevent rattles and wearing a hole in your hood. Have you tried the hood latch trick, yet?

Edit: I'm just speculating here. I'm still trying to get some help getting mine installed

// BaysonR // Megan // Spoon // Progress // Sprintex // AEM // BLF // Plastidip // GlowShift // iJDMtoy //

post #25 of 1716 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRyoZ View Post
If the Supercharger doesn't get too hot, a small piece of something foamy on the hood might prevent rattles and wearing a hole in your hood. Have you tried the hood latch trick, yet?

Edit: I'm just speculating here. I'm still trying to get some help getting mine installed
I have not. I'm just going to do the washer trick. I plan to get it done in 2 weeks. I'm not too worried as I don't do a lot of driving (I live a couple of miles from my job).

I did notice it clanking when I was backing out of my driveway this morning. I'm guessing being 26 degrees out and the car not being fully warmed up has something to do with it.

During normal driving I don't hear it.
post #26 of 1716 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Regarding the blower hitting the hood.

We believe that this is due to the new added movement of the engine, so we are in works in a solid torque mount to help it not move as much. I will keep everyone updated as we move forward with this.
post #27 of 1716 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Motor View Post

We believe that this is due to the new added movement of the engine, so we are in works in a solid torque mount to help it not move as much. I will keep everyone updated as we move forward with this.
Sounds good. Still strange that I'm having this issue and Romie is not.
post #28 of 1716 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Motor View Post

Would these be the Innovative mounts we've been hearing about?

post #29 of 1716 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Super Duper Member

I've had a few issues with mine, but nothing major (I hope! lol) Since I've had it installed, I get a check engine light occasionally, with the P0400 error for Exhaust Gas Recirculation. This will occur when I'm at cruising speed. It's not regular, but it has happened frequently enough. It negates all Modes (Sport, Normal and Econ) and leaves it in a Normal state. When it does happen, I use a scan tool to erase it, restart the car, and it's cleared. I think this might be due to either the mods I have (AEM CAI and full ARK Exhaust) and/or the amount of mileage I have, over 75k. I hope whenever I actually get it tuned, that might take care of this issue. The other issue I have is an area on the sc, above the belt, that is "leaking" the oil from the supercharger. I say leaking because its kinda of coming through the casing itself, like being porous. I've been told that it's from the casting process and can easily be fixed with a really good cleaning and some JB weld. It's nothing huge, but it does need to be addressed sometime in the near future.
As for the tune, I was finally able to locate someone locally who is willing. Other tuners had decided not to either because of it being a hybrid and/or it being a cvt. That being said, the tuner wants me to get a flashpro (MSRP $695) and it will cost another $550 for the tune itself. This, if it happens, won't be for a few months because of it being a bit cost prohibitive for me right now.
Overall, with over a month of usage, I am still very happy with the unit as a whole. I feel the added horsepower and torque have given my crz a "new life" at over 3.5 years old and again at 75k mi. The whine from the sc is incredible and I definitely enjoy hearing and feeling it every time I accelerate quickly. My gas mileage hasn't been affected too adversely: I now average about 31 where before I was at 39.
post #30 of 1716 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Romie - If you need a flash pro let me know, I will help you out.

Nic - No these are not the innovate mounts, this is something I'm working on by myself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode