Preferred First Aftermarket Upgrade - Page 3 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
View Poll Results: What will be your preferred first aftermarket purchase?
Intake 9 10.71%
Exhaust 12 14.29%
Lowering Springs 17 20.24%
Coilovers 4 4.76%
Front end Aero Kit 1 1.19%
Rear Aero Kit 0 0%
Internal LED lighting 9 10.71%
Rims/Tires 19 22.62%
External lighting 1 1.19%
None. Want to keep it stock. 12 14.29%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 11:43 PM

I guess a lot of you guys are car guys and like to "tinker" with your cars. I'm not, I bought this car because I liked everything about it, not would it could possibly be.

Usually when I spend over $20,000 for something I don't think that I need to pump more money into it.

I guess I just don't get the "mod" thing, I think alot of it really looks stupid, but then again I love to play golf and I spend my share of money on it, and people don't get it either. So, you like what you like, and I don't blame you for doing it if that's what you like.

Did I mention "I don't get it"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Super Duper Member

definetly lower the car first....

gotta eliminate that evil wheel gap, even on stock wheels...

2007 CIVIC EX 5MT (sold)
2011 CR-Z EX CVT (sold)
2011 CIVIC SI 6MT
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Capt'n Jack

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smed55 View Post
I guess a lot of you guys are car guys and like to "tinker" with your cars. I'm not, I bought this car because I liked everything about it, not would it could possibly be.

Usually when I spend over $20,000 for something I don't think that I need to pump more money into it.

I guess I just don't get the "mod" thing, I think alot of it really looks stupid, but then again I love to play golf and I spend my share of money on it, and people don't get it either. So, you like what you like, and I don't blame you for doing it if that's what you like.

Ah, but it is in large part what keeps the forum interesting and fun to be a part of. Did you vote?

post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty001 View Post
Ah, but it is in large part what keeps the forum interesting and fun to be a part of. Did you vote?
Well of course I did, I don't agree with alot of the mod talk, but I do check it out!
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Elite Member

Quote:

I like to mod things to make them 'mine'. I personally don't like much of anything stock.
Home - gutted and rehabbed (and that was a lot more than a 20k purchase )
computer - totally modded
MP3 player - totally modded (delete apples software, add rockbox)
Stereo system - heavily modded (built most of it myself)
car - definitely modded
etc etc...

I think the only thing I use on a regular basis that I left stock is my television. And I guess if you count the cable management system I built onto the back of it, you could say it's modded as well...

personally I dont get how people can take pride in something they didn't mod...
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Well of course I did, I don't agree with alot of the mod talk, but I do check it out!
And what did you vote for?

I voted for the intake though the first mod i did was tint the windows, then blacked the badges, then got a K&N drop in filter.

And alot of times a person will mod their car just so its different from the many other like it on the road. We dont have that problem yet sinse its still new and not many on the road yet. The others do it to improve on what could be better, adding after market parts to improve aspects of your car in many ways is cheaper then a dealership or the manufacturers cost to do the same.
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:10 PM

Garage
drop, then spacers for the rear..

PWP CR-Z EX Navi 6SPD MT
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Super Duper Member

Garage
Quote:

Modding a car for me is exactly like golfing for you. Cars and technology are my two hobbies. I mod things because i like the way they look or the added functionality i get. Nothing wrong with you keeping it stock though. Different strokes for different folks.

2011 PWP EX 6MT
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Elite Member

I always look at the after market stuff before buying a car. I like to personalize it to my taste. So far the over all look with my factory options are just right. I wish Honda offered a upgrade to the suspension.

I have used eibach suspension parts in the past so when the
currently in development PRO-STREET Coil-Over Kit is released I will probably go with it. I really don't want it lowered much if at all. I just want to tighted it up a bit.

Stock is ok if you never plan to push the car to its limits. Stock is ok if you are going to get rid of it in a year or so. I have just never been able to leave it stock.

Its a hobbie.
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbridge View Post
Modding a car for me is exactly like golfing for you. Cars and technology are my two hobbies. I mod things because i like the way they look or the added functionality i get. Nothing wrong with you keeping it stock though. Different strokes for different folks.
I hear that brother! Great post!

Amp'd Emblems
Illuminated Car Emblems
"Changing the way people look at your car"
Patented

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode