Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Steering Wheel Leather Care?

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  LeVaillant 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a suggested method or product to keep the steering wheel's leather healthy and rotless? Most suppliers have too many lawyers vulturing around them to let them say to use their stuff on steering wheels.

Someday I'll tell you all about the co-worker who thought that since Armor-All does such a good job (well...) on plastics and rubber that a foot pedal treatment would be a good idea. Luckily, she discovered her error harmlessly. Then had to find a really good upholstery cleaner.

Lexol on a sponge?

#2 ·
My 14 year old Insight is showing signs of deterioration on the part where my left hand rests. I figure it's best not to use your hands to steer, if you want to keep grubby skin oils from causing deterioration. Besides, if you steer with your knees, your hands are free to text and suck down a chocolate shake, lol.

One thing I've been trying to do with my CRZ, if it's not parked in the garage, is to turn the steering wheel 180° from center when parked, to balance the sun/UV variable from destroying it.

I've used products that have been bad on the faux leather, just to keep it clean, so I'm looking for better ideas in that area myself.

#5 ·
I just use a very good sunshade permanently mounted to my windshield from carsunshades

My current one for The Speed Bump is the Flame pattern but most of the rest in the family are the standard silver. On previous car no fading of dash or any other parts. No cracks in any parts either. I have been using this product through many iterations on a few cars it is a great product. No relationship to company other than being a happy owner. The Speed Bumps was ordered within days of the car coming home. :eek:fftopic:

To keep steering wheel clean wear driving gloves of the same color as wheel :rotfl:. Before you all yell at me I am kidding. My wheel is damaged and I want to get a Lecce it is on the list but the list is long the bank account is empty. Don't use Alcohol Like I did on a previous car.

#3 ·
On my clazzios and EX steering wheel I use Mother VLR cleaner (vinyl leather rubber). Been having no problems for the last few years. On the seats, on the paper towel I see all the ink come off my various pants. On the steering wheel I see black and brown from my nasty hand sweat

#15 ·
There was a group Buy for the Lecce Steering wheels for I want to say less than $500 and I believe they have a carbon option I liked the grey D shaped with the same red stitching and leather as the OEM. It is on my List for once the car is repaired and I am employed. All the buttons and the IED(air bag) transfer over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.