Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Speedworks Turbo Kit

36K views 142 replies 25 participants last post by  ATX_CRZ 
#1 ·
#14 ·
I wish they you post out results. On their products page. Also the turbo reference so one can estimate what kind of potential It has. It definitely feels like a more spirited car than stock. And depending on the price, might be a nice addition.

They do say it's a city turbo, whatever that means, but from that I wouldn't expect that much ponies :). But I have no doubt, that it would be a fun car to drive

#40 ·
Going Twin Charge on this car would be crazy without internals. Unless you took a really small turbo, and a reaaaaaly small supercharger.

As long as you don't total more than 200hp crank, and keep a nice tune, more conservative the closer to 200 you get.

I've read again, directly on the HKS site, they said that even for their Pro kit, you wouldn't need any engine alterations, as long as you don't surpass 200PS / HP.
Only after that they would recommend getting HKS internals....so far the only aftermarket iternals out there.

There are alternate internals i've seen, but alternate to stock, and not alternate as in able to handle more boost.

I've seen in Mighty car mods, there was this Nissan Micra, that was Twin charged... so you can see how much fun it would be on this car.

The micra was, i think 1L 138hp supercharged and turbo charged, Light weight and compact.

So in the same logic, if you can turbo charge at about 6PSI, and supercharge, as long as combined boost, doesn't pass 7-8 PSI, and 200hp. you would be fine. and have an awesome ride.

However....twin charging for such low values....seems kinda of waste of money, unless you build the system yourselves.

#52 ·
So, here some info.

At first i didn't get any answer to my email using the email address that is on their website. Then i sent them a personal message on their Facebook page. The day after i got a reply from Toh. He is (i think) the owner of Speedworks. He asked me to send him a email to the email address he gave me. It's a slight different email address then on the website. We had contact several times and i got answers to all my questions.

-I wanted to know if i could order the kit without the ecu tuning and exhaust (except the downpipe). Well that is no problem at all.

-Unfortunately there is no egr pipe on the downpipe, so you would have to make that yourself or disable it with Hondata or K-tuner.

-He says that the kit will fit the left hand drive also. There should be enough space near the brake fluid reservoir and pump.

-the kit comes with detailed installation instructions and photo's.

-the sillicone hoses only come in red. No other colours available.

Then some things that you should know:

in Boosted Hatchback | Hypertune article posted a couple of posts back there are some differences on what is on that cr-z and what comes with the kit.

-He used a fifth injector. The kit comes with 4 bigger injectors.
-He used the Greddy e-manage ultimate. The kit comes with Greddy e-manage blue.
-He used a custom exhaust. The kit comes with Hot bits turbo exhaust. No idea how that sounds.
-He used HKS blow off valve. The kit comes with another blow off valve. (don't know what brand.)

Now some pricing.

The kit will be RM 9600,- That includes exhaust Greddy e-manage and a tuned map.
I asked for pricing without ecu and exhaust but with downpipe.

Greddy e-manage is RM 1200, tuned map is RM 600, exhaust is RM 1000.
So that would be RM 6800. Or $1700,-

Payment with creditcard or Paypal isn't possible. He gives his bank account details and you have to make the payment to his bank.

The setup would give about 155 hp with 0.6 bar or 8.7 psi according to the dyno. (see picture below). Not that much i think. That is the reason i'm not sure if i want this kit. Maybe with my custom exhaust and tuning with K-tuner it would be higher. In the article he makes 170whp with only 0.42 bar or 6.1 psi of boost. But he has a different setup becouse of the 5th injector.

I'm going to dyno my Sprintex setup (with cai, custom exhaust and second cat delete) in 2 weeks. The outcome of that will make me deside if i go for the Speedworks kit or not.

Well that is about all the info i have for now. Below are the dyno, pictures and pricing of the kit. (the Dollar mark in the pricing sheet should be RM)

#54 ·
Don't forget that if It's 155 whp, it ends up beeing 185 crank, for a 1900 $ mod that's as high as you get.

If it's 155 crank, it's still more power per buck than the sprintex. What worries me, is the 8.5 boost it might be a bit too much.
Nível was doing 8-9 on his fit, and the engine blew.... So that's that.

Even if the 155hp is at the crank, for just the turbo, it's still a nice gain for then 1900$ gear, probably 2400ish with tuning

I don't understand on why is the SC option, the responsible thing to Do?

#55 ·
I think 8.5 will be fine as long your not going higher and not pushing it for a long time on the track. I've read somewhere on the forum that BisiMoto said you shouldn't go higher than 9 psi .

For me it would be $1700,- plus $260 shipping plus customs plus race cat plus K-tuner and tuning.

I'm not 100% sure that the intercooler piping will fit correctly becouse of the kit beeing for rhd. But that will not be that much work to adjust.

But if i deside to keep the Sprintex after dynoing it there will be extra costs also. I want to loose the 5th injector. So i need 4 bigger injectors plus K-tuner plus waterinjection plus tuning.

What decision i'll make depends on how much the Sprintex gives on the dyno as the car is now, with cai and custom exhaust. But i really want that blow off sound.... Missing that from my previous car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.